These are so cute I had to post them. No sales pitch, just a fun read.
5/1 was the 202nd anniversary of the publication of Pride and Prejudice, and so how can I resist? If you haven't read P and P this won't make sense to you, but I can't imagine that!!!
1. Beware of truths universally acknowledged.
2. Be persistent in the face of rejection.
3. Don't set too much stock in first impressions.
4. There is great joy in a long walk.
5. There are worse things than being single...like being married to Mr. Collins.
6. A six hour movie isn't too long if it's the right story.
7. You can learn a lot about a man by the way he treats his sister.
8.You can't hide in the library forever.
9. Sharp wit and a pair of fine eyes are worth far more than the right address.
10. The man of your dreams will love you even when you have a terrible cold.
11. When in doubt, say it in a letter.
12. Never play dumb to attract a man.
13. Don't make important life choices just to soothe your mother's nerves.
14. Men, always keep your home ready for unexpected guests. You never know when the love of your life will show up.
15. Bad boys are not worth it.
16. Gorge all you want at a banquet as long as you're wearing an
17. It's not the end of the world if your little sister gets married before you do.
18. A dashing uniform does not make the man.
19. "obstinate, headstrong girl!" is really a compliment.
20. Don't be stingy about giving another a second chance when your own happiness may depend upon one.
21. When it comes to a man's library, size matters.
22. An intelligent woman should never tolerate a disrespectful man, no matter how rich he is.
23. A great love story is always in style.
24. It really is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.
25. Marrying your true love means marrying his or her entire family.
26. Men may leave you, but your sisters never will.
27. Happy relationships are based on more than romance.
28. And-----Colin Forth forever!!!
These were taken from the Bas Bleu Blog, http://thebluestockingdsalon.com. I thought they were very clever, and hope you do too.
You can find my work at all the usual places. Just google jeanhartstewart, or go to my website, www.jeanhartstewart.com.
'Til next time, may joy be with you..