Home

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Introducing the Brides of the West Series

Okay, I'm working on a series now called Brides of the West and I really am excited about it.
It depicts different situations that women can get into as a Bride.

Book One Heart of a Family is about a girl who supports and takes care of her siblings when her parents die. She's only fourteen when it happens and for four long years she's struggled to keep her family together and pay the rent. But at Eighteen she's out of money and ideas. What can she do? Everyone wants her property for the water rights. But she has no place to go. Nowhere to live with her siblings. So she devices a plan. She'll find herself a husband to help her. And she soon learns that getting a husband is a very hard job. Heart of the Family is out now and on sale for $2.99 at Smashwords
, Amazon, B&N, and KOBO books. Also at ITunes.

Book Two Delivering the Bride is about a girl who falls in love with a man who has been writing her letters. So enamored with him, she leaves her comfortable home in Philadelphia to go to Colorado to get married. Buck Daggett is the man that is to take her to him. But Hershel Newton didn't write those letters, Buck did. So now she's married to the wrong man! This books is on pre-order at all the above mentioned sites. Releases January 19,2015.

Book Three Heart of a Woman. Emily Carrington is running from her domineering Uncle and her betrothed. So when she hears about the wagon trains that are going west from Independence MO. She attempts to join them. Only Cole Morgan doesn't allow single women on his train. Still, he's enamored with Emily, so he makes her a bargain, he'll marry her so she can go, but she'll have to cook for his men during the journey. An easy feat if you know how to cook. Can Emily stand up to the challenge?
This series is slanted for ten books. So don't miss a one of them. Each book will have a different obstacle for the bride of the west.
I love this series. And I hope you enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying writing it.
Blessings
Rita

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Your series sounds amazing, Rita. I can't wait to read these stories. :)

Redameter said...

Thanks Tina. I am enjoying this series as I am trying to depict a lot of different circumstances for women to become brides in the west.

I guess we all have our favorite genres.

I am working on a contemporary series too that will come out this
year, but this is the longest series I've attempted and I want to see how it goes.

My contemporary series is the "Connors". I should finish the first one of this series by mid year.

Love and blessings
Rita

jean hart stewart said...

These sound wonderful and with original ideas. Lots of luck with these...

Redameter said...

Thanks Jean. I've got lots of new books to work on. Sometime I work on four or five at the same time. It keeps from being mundane.

Do you guys work on more than one at a time? I am just wondering if I am the only one.

I don't get confused because before I write on a new one, I'll go back over it and then pick up where I left off. I have gotten in a habit of doing this. Just wondered if others work this way.
Love and blessings
Rita