Home

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Victorian Characters - Dickens on The Strand


Characters are one of the most important part of any story. 

The Ghost of Christmas Present
And every year in December at Dickens On the Strand, in honor of Charles Dickens' Characters and the Victorian era, Galveston Texas is filled with interesting characters. As an author of Steampunk/Victorina romances I love that era and I attend every year. For all of those that don't get to attend, I wanted to share some of my favorite Dickens on the Strand characters with you. Please comment below on which characters you like to read about the most and any favorite books you've seen them in. The one to the left is of course from The Christmas Carol.
Chimney Sweeps
Beef Eaters
Beggars
A Pirate with Friends
A middle class Victorian Family









Suffragettes
.


St. Nick



Victorian Nurses
Victorian Street Vendor




A Victorian Medium

Here's Wishing you warm holiday greetings to you, your family and your favorite characters.




3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love Dickens. Read "Great Expectations" when I was in the 4th grade...never turned back. The only book of his I had trouble with was "David Copperfield". Very lonnnnnnngggggg. Hope you have an awesome Christmas, Cornelia! :)

Cornelia said...

Thank you so much, Tina. I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year for 2015.

jean hart stewart said...

Love these pictures....thanks so much....And a merry Xmas to you.