Home

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

THAT Time of Year

We've just past Halloween, Remembrance Day is behind us. Toronto Santa Claus Parade was on the 16th. To me that means it's OKAY to talk about Christmas. Get the decorations out and think about gifts. It seems there was a whole lot of push back around here for the early decorations. People wanted the stores to wait until after Remembrance Day (Veteran's Day in the States). I wholeheartedly agree!

But, along with the silly season comes the horrid season. Winter. We had our first taste of it last night. The roads flash froze after the drizzle and snow had melted on them. I've said it before and will say it again. I. Hate. Winter. If I could figure a way to spend the months down south, I'd do it.

This was last winter after our ice storm 3 days before Christmas. Ugh.
I much prefer this.
Anyway. Be safe over the crappy winter months. And if you love winter! I hope you enjoy it.

This year has been a crazy year in my writing world. The one release I had was last January. A hot, quickie m/f/m/m menage titled Four For The Show, a story set in the same sex club as Plus One. It's still on sale, as are my other Ellora's Cave books and my three at Sybarite Seduction. I chose not to sub anything else to EC, but have been writing furiously all year with a number of completed works. BUT the big news... I will be getting the rights back to a few of my books so that means self pub next year!

I also have other projects in the works, but it's still too soon to mention. I've been through three rounds of edits with the hopeful outcome of a contract. *fingers crossed*

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. And enjoy the chaos of Christmas preparations!







4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I live in Palm Springs. It's been SO hot, I'm glad it finally cooled down - sun is good, but sometimes it's too much of a good thing. :)

Hope 2015 is your year for writing, Cristal.

jean hart stewart said...

I sympathize with you as I'm not submitting to EC anymore either. They want me to write only erotica, and I don't enjoy that. I'm
taking every thing to MuseItUp and find them a wonderful company.

Cristal Ryder said...

Can I come visit you Tina???? puh-leeze. I hate winter.

I hope 2015 is my year too.

I know EC pulled back on the Blush line. Are you subbing elsewhere Jean?

Fiona McGier said...

I like the change of seasons. That being said, I do prefer the spring/summer part of the year. Fall is okay, what with the pretty colors in the trees. But winter is kind of annoying, what with the ass-biting cold which has come earlier this year, the snow/ice/sleet, and the terrible driving conditions.

But then, the hard frosts kill the bugs, so ours don't grow to the the size of small dogs, as some do in climates that are temperate or hot all year. So there's a trade-off. Snow is fun through New Year's day. After that, it rapidly loses its allure, like a guest that seems to overstay its welcome more each year.

Then just when you can't take it anymore and you're ready to put your house on the market and flee south, you hear the first robin of spring, the buds reappear, and everything is right with the world once again because summer is coming.