Home

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sorry to be late! Here's my excuses and my blog...

My sole defense is that I've added a third job that, for the past month, I've been working whenever I'm not at either of my two other jobs.  I sub in high schools as needed (sometimes only 1 or 2 days a week, sometimes all 5).  I tutor younger kids after school in Language Arts and Math, which I also do on Saturday mornings.  Then I've been scoring for one of the big producers of standardized tests--I like this job because I do it at home, on-line.  So on the days I'm not called to sub, I'm still making money...and I can do it in my pajamas!

But I still have to grocery shop, cook/bake, do laundry, shop for the holidays,and interact with the 2 sons who still live at home, and my over-loving husband who likes to see my face sometimes, and not just the back of my head while I'm on-line.  Soon I'll be starting on Christmas cookies and making the pajama pants and nightshirt requested by my kids.  Oh, and did I mention I have a book coming out soon, so I've been doing edits for it?  And I'm in the middle of judging for an eBook contest, so I just finished reading a long list of novels.

To say I'm busy would be a huge understatement. But that's still no excuse.  I always say to get things done, ask the busiest person you know.  That would be me.  But this is the first time I've forgotten to get my post up on time, so I hope you'll all forgive me. I don't get on-line much from Friday night date nights with my husband, through Sunday, when I get done with the baking and cooking I do to get us through the week.  Right now dinner is in the oven, but earlier today I made use of the zucchini I got a great deal on when I shopped on Saturday after work, and I made 3 dozen chocolate zucchini muffins and 4 loaves of zucchini bread. My family loves the bread toasted, spread with cream cheese, for a breakfast or snack treat. When I was an at-home mom, I baked almost every day of the week, which they all miss.  These days when I do get into the kitchen, the family is pathetically grateful for whatever I bake for them.  I love those "thanks Mom" hugs!

What I was going to blog about is dreams.  Have you ever had dreams that turned into novels?  I've had a few good dreams that inspired me. A great dream involving running away from a wedding became The Reluctant Bride--I've gotten the rights to this back, and it will be re-published next year as The Runaway Bride, a more appropriate title.  Then I had a dream involving a very hot doctor, and some smexy times with him, which turned into Two For Tuesday.  This is another book I'm having republished next year.  More on those books as they become available again.


Both of my vampire romance books involving Mayans and aliens, were inspired directly by a dream, when a blond man with very white skin talked directly to me.  He told me the writer's block I was having was due to giving the heroine the wrong hero: it had to be him.  Then he smiled, showing me his fangs. I told his story in Prophecy of the Undead.

And last night, finally getting the chance to sleep late on my one no-work day of the week, I had another dream that totally inspired my muse to begin creating another tale of romantic adventures.  Of course first I have to finish  the book I'm already working on.  If I just had more time off, I could be so much more productive!

How about you?  Have you ever had a dream that inspired a story or novel for you? 

To learn more about my books, visit my blog: http://www.fionamcgier.com.

And happy dreaming!

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

No prob, Fiona. But let's give a hearty round of applause to the masters of the universe who destroyed the US economy so that people like you, me and just about everyone else in the 99% have to work multiple jobs to keep their heads above water. But hey, at least the masters of the universe can afford another yacht, mansion, politician and judge. I'm sure they think we should be grateful for that.

Fiona McGier said...

I totally agree. Some people have so much money it does the work for them, so they don't have to. The rest of us have to work multiple jobs to pay the bills. Sad state of affairs in this once great nation, which is now only great for the 1%. BTW, they're only complaining about people accusing them of "class warfare" now that it's being noticed. They're the ones who started the war and it's been highly beneficial for them!