Home

Friday, October 24, 2014

The Story Behind A Romance for Christmas @kayelleallen #MFRWauthor #holiday

A Romance for Christmas 
Most people know me as an author of erotic romance, science fiction romance, and gay romance. So when I said I was releasing a sweet contemporary holiday romance I got a few WTF and SayWhat comments. Even one or two #HowzThatAgain hashtags. *grin* The nicest was "I know it'll be awesome but why the change?" One person asked me if erotic romance was dead and I was leaving the fold. The short answer is "Um, no it isn't, and no, I'm not." But it was nice that they thought I'd know if this was true.
I wrote A Romance for Christmas in December 2004 as a gift for my critique group and asked them not to share it, but told them some day I might. Last year, Bill Hinkle, my brother-in-law, died. I promised his wife (my sister Cherry) I would dedicate a book to their relationship, which was 25 years and still going strong at the time of his passing. I also wanted to pay tribute to our parents, who had passed away the year of their 50th anniversary. My father had once told my mother he'd go first, and then "wait for her just beyond the moon." When it was his time, he didn't have to wait long. She died a few weeks later. The parents of the hero in this story bear their names. The book is dedicated to my sister Cherry in honor of Bill. There are other names of significance in the story.
You can download a preview of the book here: A Romance for Christmas (click for the pdf - it opens in a new window). There are more details about the story, and it includes links where you can buy your copy.

About the Book

A cop at the door on Christmas Eve brings an unexpected gift.
A sweet holiday romance showcasing love, loss, and the spirit of giving.
It's Christmas Eve, and the end of a year in which everything Dara loves has been lost. Everything but her little girl and a fierce determination to survive. When a cop brings Christmas to her door, he brings another gift she never expected to get.

Buy This Book

Barnes and Noble http://bit.ly/1wpYfL2
Coming soon in print at CreateSpace

About the Author

Kayelle Allen is the founder of Marketing for Romance Writers. She is a multi-published, award-winning author, and the owner of The Author's Secret, an author support company. Her unstoppable heroes and heroines include contemporary characters, futuristic immortals, covert agents, and warriors who purr.

Author Social Media

Unstoppable Heroes Blog http://kayelleallen.com/blog

The Author's Secret https://theauthorssecret.com

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Sounds like a wonderful story, Kayelle! I like writing all kinds of fiction, not just erotic romance. Keeps things fresh. :)

Kayelle Allen said...

Thanks Tina. :) I love this story and I'm glad I finally have a chance to share it with everyone.

jean hart stewart said...

LOVe Xmas books. Have one of my own coming out soon at Muse. They are really fun to wrie. Yours sounds great, Kayelle

Kayelle Allen said...

I want to do another one. I'd like to set it in my scifi universe. That would be great fun to do. :)