Home

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Annus horribilis

Queen Elizabeth used the phrase in 1992 in her speech to the Guildhall for 40th Anniversary of accession, as well as during her annual Christmas Day message, back when Charles and Diana were going through their troubles. That phrase is now perfect for my writing this year.


Annus horribilis.

I've had only one release, and it was with the Ellora's Cave back in January. A hot m/f/m/m quickie set in the same club my other book Plus One was set in. I'm sure many of you know what's going on with EC right now and I'm not going into the details. At this point I don't have any plans to submit something new to them. I may have mentioned a while ago that I had sold to Harlequin digital first. Direction has shifted with that now and I am waiting to find out which way that's going to go.

While it's been an annus horribilis on the publishing side, on the writing side I've been busy using my Dragon software. If all goes to plan I hope next year will be a kick ass release year. And I do hope to have some news I can share soon. So maybe next year will be annus mirabilis, which means “wonderful year”.

Anyway now for some cuteness. Cats seem to do good job on that part so I will attach some pictures of the latest cat-drama.

This is a stray that adopted us way back in June. He never went away he was just a baby and we felt so bad for him that we fed him. It looks like he plans to stay. His name is Django. The D is silent. He just woke up from a nap in the little house I made for him. He's a true outdoor cat.



While I was writing yesterday I heard a crashing downstairs. I knew it was the cats and hoped nothing was too badly broken. This is what I discovered/ the plant had been on the fridge. The kitty in the pic is Zuko. I know he wasn't the culprit because he was sleeping with me upstairs. It was his sister Serenity. Later that night she escaped through a screen and got lost outside. We finally found her at 1 AM two neighbor yards away locked in their backyard.

This is a picture of her with my dad at our Canadian Thanksgiving last Sunday.


And now we have Zuko. The ultimate in scaredy cats. He is getting better though.


As I'm writing this, rather dictating, I hear noises downstairs again for must go investigate. But first...let's remember Cuddles and Bandit. We lost them both this year after 17 years of being our love bugs.

3 comments:

jean hart stewart said...

Love your pix...I think a lot of us had a bad year due to all the publishing upheaval. mine is straightening out and hope yours does too. Incidentally, had a hard time getting in to comment. I'll bet others are too...Jean

Tina Donahue said...

Good luck with your writing, Cristal - this is definitely a tough biz.

Cristal Ryder said...

It is!