Home

Sunday, September 7, 2014

News Flash! And its a good news flash...

Yes, I actually have news today!  And its good news!  I'm writing again.  Don't be so shocked.  Since I shut down the blog with reviews I have the time.

I'm working on a Thanksgiving story and my deadline is October 1st.  Yes, an actual deadline.  Woo Hoo!  The publisher wasn't sure if I could write to a deadline but I can.  Just give me one and I'll do it.  Brian's back in soon and since no one wants to hire an old admin with over 25 years on the block...I've got the time.

Next month I hope to share with a blurb/excerpt.  BTW...would you be interested in reading a Thanksgiving story?  I don't see much of this holiday being explored.  Its always Halloween and Christmas.

Happy Reading and Writing!


4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Good for you, Harlie! :)

Harlie Williams said...

Thanks Tina!

Harlie

Fiona McGier said...

I'd be interested in a Thanksgiving story. Once they were too old for toys as gifts, my kids decided they actually preferred Thanksgiving because there's no need to buy gifts, you get more time to spend with the relatives you don't see very often, and of course, all of that food!

So a romance that starts around turkey-day would have to involve family...or at least people you know. That means theoretically, the person would be "pre-vetted" for you!

Glad to hear you're writing again. I've accepted that no one will offer me anything full-time, so once again I'm working multiple part-time jobs, which leaves little time to write. But I keep trying to find some!

Harlie Williams said...

Fiona I can't get anyone to even hire me part time. *sigh*

I love Thanksgiving. Its less chaotic for me. And you are right, no presents. Plus, I don't have to drive 5 hours and deal with the chaos at the inlaws. We are at my folks house which is much more calmer and laid back.

I love the in laws but there is something always going on and the last year haven't been good for us. Car problems (twice) and then I got the flu. Boo!

Harlie