Home

Friday, August 8, 2014

Make Big Changes


As you read this blog I’m moving into my new home. After months of planning, organizing and house hunting, I’m finally moving. This is going to be a big change for me. I’m moving to a new place, embarking on a new adventure. I won’t have the same safety net I’ve had before. It’s scary but it’s going to be a good change.
I fully admit I’m not a big fan of change. I like everything to stay the same. I like to know who I'm going to eat lunch with in the cafeteria at work, where the grocery store is, or which starbucks is quieter and better for writing at. But change is a part of life and I’m trying to accept it and see the positive in it.
This move is a chance for me to grow and expand. To have new experiences. To meet new people and see new places. Which can only improve me as a person and my writing.
This move has also inspired me to move forward and make some changes on my writing. To expand, to focus on new things, to focus on making my dreams come true. In the next few months I plan to make some changes regarding my writing, writing schedule and direction. I want to start writing more, put in more time. I want to finally organize my office so it is useable (if the cat will be amenable to letting me work in there). I want to focus on writing longer works. In publishing more often.  I want to put effort into completing the series I have started, or adding more books to them if they don’t have a hard end. I want to start a few more series (two of which I’ve already begun writing, but haven’t gotten to the publication stage yet).
As you can see I have a lot of goals for myself in the time to come, but I’m determined to work on them. Hopefully you’ll be seeing the progress soon.

It’s been a rough year for me and I haven’t been as focused on my writing as I should be, as I want to be. But this change, this new scenery I hope should get things moving in the right direction, and towards the ultimate big change I want to make, writing full time.

And today it another special day, Valentine Next Door, is now available on all your favorite sites. Amazon, Barnes and Noble, All Romance Ebooks. I hope you’ll check it out and pick up your copy for your favorite ereader.

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Moving is never easy - I've done it soooo many times, I've lost count.

You have a great attitude, Willa. I know you'll succeed at whatever you do.

Congrats on Valentine Next Door being released. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Good girl, to accept change and benefit from it can be wonderful!!