Monday, June 2, 2014

New Release Something About Jayden CONTEST

Good morning. My newest release under pseudonym under Rawiya is Something About Jayden. It’s an m/m story with a hot upstart intern and a closeted, married advertising executive. Jayden is more than just a pretty face and Isaac Bridges quickly finds out that Jayden isn’t easily swayed.

Here is the blurb and an excerpt from my new book releasing from Amira Press.

Blurb: Isaac Bridges has it all; wealth, a beautiful wife, and success. Yet and still, there are two things he desires more than anything. Denton & Associates back under his family’s name and a male lover he can call his own.

Jayden Demario, a handsome college student from a tough neighborhood is looking to make his career in advertising. His “madre” encourages him to take time out and find love but he wishes to follow his career path first and foremost.

Both men are missing a significant other in their lives, will stupid pride and hurtful secrets stand in the way of what could be a perfect union?

Amira Press

Amazon

B&N

ARe

Excerpt:

Just as she finished, Jayden sprinted through the door, briefcase in hand.
“Well, good morning, sexy!”
Jayden only nodded with a sweet grin. He huffed, smoothing down the stray strands on top of his head. “Good morning, Tamela. Did you have a good Christmas?”
“I did, but it would’ve been better with you wrapped in a bow up under my tree.”
Jayden chuckled nervously. “Hello, si… I mean, Isaac, did you have a good holiday?”
Isaac loved gawking at this man, so well dressed in a grey suit and black tie. Scents of Jayden’s body wash and shampoo filled his nose and made his dick rock hard. Isaac would never tire of staring at Jayden. “Yes, I did, my boy. Let’s get inside. We need to go over our plan to get Rosario on board. I forgot they were coming in to see us today at ten.”
“Oh, right. Glad I got something ready then. I called my professor to listen to our presentation. He said it was just right but of course, your opinion matters a lot more.”
Isaac patted Jayden on the back, ushering him into the office so Tamela would stop ogling him. “Well, it does but if your instructor said it was good, I’m sure it is more than appropriate. Tamela, hold all my calls unless it’s Rosario, Adair or La Lista, okay?”
“Yes, sir… bye, Jayden…” She twirled her curls around her fingers and winked at him.
“Um, yeah, see ya, Tamela.” Jayden kept walking inside.
Isaac shot Tamela a glare and shut the door tight behind him. Damn girl needed to do some work instead of eyeing the man Isaac wanted for himself. He dropped the box on his desk and headed for the counter. “Looks like Tamela already made a pot and supplied some muffins for us.”
“Yeah, I’m starved today.” Jayden put his briefcase on the table and followed Isaac. “I didn’t have time for breakfast. I was up half the night with my mother. She wasn’t feeling too well.”
“I’m sorry about that, Jayden. Is she feeling better?” Isaac stirred his coffee and grabbed a muffin from the carton.
Jayden grabbed one of the mugs and filled his cup. “Yes, a little, but I might have to take her in earlier than Friday. She’s been having shortness of breath and not able to sleep.”
Isaac leaned against the paneling. “If you need to let me know, and I’ll inform Silas. I really did want Rosario to wait until after the holiday, but they insisted on meeting with us now because they’re advertising contract with a smaller firm expires the first week of January.” Isaac sipped his beverage, savoring the taste. “Mhmmm, I got something for you, though.” Fanning his mouth, he walked back to his desk and picked up the box. “I hope you like it. Merry Christmas.”
Jayden glanced at the box, barely making a move to take it. “Isaac, you…”
“You need this, Jayden. My intern needs something he can take notes with, show his presentations with on the go… and to call his dear mother if he needs to.”
Isaac…I…” Jayden stuttered and gripped the box. His brown gaze met Isaac’s and instantly, Isaac sensed the attraction between them. No, the kid might not admit it but Isaac could tell there was something there, yet to be explored.
“Open it, Jayden, and please, don’t say you won’t take it.” Isaac folded his arms over his chest, not breaking his gaze. Damn this young intern for swooping in and making him feel all gooey inside like a freaking schoolgirl. Too bad he couldn’t really let it show. Just who was the mature one in charge here?
Jayden swallowed hard, carefully pulling the red ribbon. He tossed it aside and slowly lifted the lid. Jayden gasped, his eyes bulged. “No, Isaac, I… this is…”
Exactly what you need, Jayden. Like I said, you can’t do any presentations or even make phone calls on that cheap thing you’re carrying.”
Jayden picked up the phone, turning it in his hands and shaking his head simultaneously. “Isaac, even if I wanted it, I can’t afford the bill.”
“I’ll pay it, Jayden. Look, the missus and I want you to have it. I told her I noticed you trying to make calls on that ancient piece of crap.” Isaac threw that in, hoping that would convince Jayden to accept the gift. Debra said to go for the iPhone, but Isaac liked the Samsung better because it was bigger, and Jayden would be able to do more with it.

Regardless, anything was better than what Jayden had, and besides, with Isaac paying the bill, he’d have a way of keeping up with his intern whether he was working at Denton that day or not. 



a Rafflecopter giveaway BIO: RAWIYA is the more sensual erotica writer in the BLRawiya duo. She loves multiracial characters who overcome obstacles other than race. Sweet, sassy, and spicy would be the best way to describe her work. Happily married mother of two, loves music, computers, and travel. For more please visit the Rawiya's blog on Wordpress

5 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Wonderful excerpt - congrats on your newest release!! Can you show us a cover??

jean hart stewart said...

Intriguing excerpt and concept. Lots of luck with this....

S.Lira said...

@TIna

*grumbles* WOnderful blooger.

I did put the cover in but...

Yes and thanks for commenting

S.Lira said...

Thanks Jean as always

Evelise Archer said...

I'm looking forward to reading this one!
Evelise