Home

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Harley's, Friday 13 & Full Moon

The combination of the two could be alarming, right? I know my morning has had it's challenges so far.
I totally forgot today is Port Dover ride day in Ontario. That's when thousands of bikers descend on this little Ontario town. It all started back in 1971 and to learn more, click on the link for more info and a whack of photo's.
As I write this, I hear the roar of Harley's on the road. It is a sight to behold for sure.
This morning at Tim Horton's in Guelph, a whole pack of bikers from local club called Ghost Riders where fueling up with coffee and treats. The woman below caught my eye when she came into the coffee shop. I knew I had to take her picture and do a blog. She was very nice and yes, that is her bike!
1402667543345Rachel was very gracious and posed so we could get a closer look of her amazing ink :) Does that look like a blue jewel on her shoulder?
20140613_091605The collective.
pd bikesAnd for the full moon? Do you have trouble sleeping with it? Or do you find people around you edgier, moody, or generally freaks? I don't have any handy moon shots, and most of the time they never turn out anyway. So instead here's a sunset shot from St. Croix.
 20140420_181000


  Remember, you can find my books below!
cross post from www.cristalryder.com

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Great post, Cristal - I actually had a biker heroine in one of my stories Sensual Stranger - she was a 'motorcycle performance artist' ala Evel Knievel. Had a lot of fun researching the lifestyle. :)

Fiona McGier said...

Love her ink! We've been through Sturgis, South Dakota the week BEFORE the huge Harley gathering there every year. Seen lots of bikers on the highways heading there. But never actually been to the event. We kind of figured you should ride in on a Harley, if you plan to go, so you "fit in"! I've got enough tattoos to pass...

We like to have campfires, even if just in the backyard, on full moon nights. And the Friday the 13th with a full moon was supposed to be a rarity, so glad we were able to enjoy it!

2 of my books have bikers in them, one is a male Romani biker who is always on the road...until he meets the right woman. The other is my most recent book with a red-headed biker queen with an attitude. Everyone else writes alpha biker dudes with huge muscles. So I wrote a biker queen with huge boobs!

Cristal Ryder said...

Meeting her actually gave me an idea for a story. so you never know where it will lead.