Home

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Exciting News!

I was first published as Ari Thatcher writing erotic romance, but the book I really love to read were sweet traditional Regency romances, so I began writing those instead. But I missed some of the sensual tension of sex scenes, so I decided to try more mainstream Regency romance with sex scenes, again writing as Ari so as not to make Aileen's fan's freak out.

I submitted the opening of the manuscript, at the moment titled The Duke who Loved Her, to the Royal Ascot contest sponsored by the Beau Monde chapter of RWA. It finaled! Woohoo! That means it gets read by a handful of editors, some of whom I'd love to work with. That was my main goal—get it looked at by some editors to see if they might be interested before I decide whether to submit it traditionally or publish it myself. I have my fingers crossed that someone requests the full manuscript, but won't find out until the end of July.

In the meantime, I'm working on the next novel in the Bridgethorpe Brides and reminding people that my Danby novella, Chasing Lord Mystery is available. It features characters from my first Danby novella, The Viscount's Sweet Temptation, and members of the Bridgethorpe family. It was so much fun revisiting the Lumleys!


Summer has hit here in central California and I'm rushing to get the last of the projects done before it's too hot to do them during daylight hours. Are you taking advantage of the warmer days?

~*~

Aileen Fish, author of The Bridgethorpe Brides series and the Small Town Sweethearts series, is an avid quilter and auto racing fan who finds there aren't enough hours in a day/week/lifetime to stay up with her "to do" list. There is always another quilt or story begging to steal away attention from the others. When she has a spare moment she enjoys spending time with her two daughters and their families, and her fairy princess granddaughter.

Stay up to date with book releases at her website http://aileenfish.com or on Facebook
Do you like your romance steamier? Check out http://arithatcher.com!

1 comment:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats, Aileen - keeping my fingers crossed for you! :)