Home

Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Chocolate Pie Explosion (or Life with a Klutz) @kayelleallen #humor

At the beginning of the year, I had been offline most of one day, shopping, running around with errands. I had come home worn out. Dinner was uneventful, but as I was putting away leftovers, I accidentally bumped the chocolate pie I had made and placed in the fridge. It flipped upside down, slid all the way down the open refrigerator door (hitting every shelf on the way) and hit on the kitchen floor with a SPLAT. So much for dessert, but the explosion of pie was fun to watch. It was all in slow motion, like a train wreck in a movie scene. You could see it -- but you couldn't do anything to stop it.

When it was over, hubby and I both went "well, damn" and then started laughing. Took a while to clean that up!

Similarly, a couple of years ago we had what we now refer to the "great spaghetti explosion." I had placed a jar of pasta sauce on a shelf in the pantry, shut the door, and walked away. For some reason, it tipped against the door, and then fell out. The jar hit the floor on its bottom, and it was exactly enough force to shatter the bottle into a million pieces. Spaghetti sauce hit the ceiling, the ceiling fan, the curtains, all four walls, every area of the kitchen. it was insane. You would never believe that much sauce was inside one small bottle. The lid was intact, along with the glass around it, but the rest of the bottle was history.

Trailing Kaiwulf 
I found splashes of it for days. The pie explosion was a close rival. So, you're wondering, am I a klutz or what? Yeah. I am. I have a real knack for dropping bread jelly side down, and tripping over a piece of string on the floor. But life is so interesting around me. I mean, seriously now... how many people do you know who can cover an entire kitchen with just one little jar of pasta sauce?
What has exploded in your life recently?

Trailing Kaiwulf

Travel to a godforsaken planet on the outskirts of space. Check. Hold intrusive military types at bay. Check. Find an invisible man in a different dimension. Check. Finish out the vacation TRAIL yanked you back from to do it? Easier said than done.
Ordered back from their first vacation in ages, Jee and Dane get handed a top priority mission. The pay is better than any they've earned before as agents for the Trace, Rescue, and Identification League. With this much money, they might not need jobs. They're the best there is, and the item, person, or secret hasn't been invented that these two can't recover.
But locating this quarry might be a bit past even their considerable skills. After all, how do you find an invisible man in another dimension? And who, exactly, is footing a bill this steep? Certainly not the archaeologist in charge. The military wants to get involved, but they have no monetary stake either. Which prompts the question of who -- or what -- is behind the request to trail Kaiwulf.
Available exclusively at Amazon http://is.gd/SciFiAdventure_Kaiwulf

GIVEAWAY

Grab some goodies on this page on my website and while you're there, click "Tour the Empire" to learn more about the worlds in my current series and upcoming books. New feature coming soon: Tour the Colonies of Man (where Trailing Kaiwulf takes place).

About the Author

Kayelle Allen is the multi-published, award-winning Science Fiction Romance author of unstoppable heroes, uncompromising love, and unforgettable passion.


3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Whoa - you lost a chocolate pie? I would'a cried given my addiction to chocolate and my aversion to cleaning. :)

Trailing Kaiwulf sounds amazing, Kayelle. Very inventive!

Fiona McGier said...

Life around you must be very interesting indeed, Kayelle! Wondering what will you drop/knock over next? Time for home videos! Grin!

My husband grew so tall in such a short amount of time in high school that his family used to yell, "Grab the breakables," as he walked into a room, in order to save as many lamps, flower vases, etc. as possible. If there was a way to knock something over, he found it. In his defense, like a new driver who has no idea where the car bumper ends, he had no idea just how huge his feet were, or where he was swinging his long arms. He's a bit better now, thankfully. But he still has his moments.

Your new book sounds amazing. Invisible man in another dimension? Wow! Intriguing cover.

Kayelle Allen said...

Thank you, ladies. Yes, my family grabs things around me as I walk through a room. I don't notice it that much any more, it's just such a habit with anyone. We joke that my middle name was never "Grace." LOL