Home

Friday, May 9, 2014

A Breather

I was hoping to have cover art to reveal here this month, but I haven't received the go-ahead yet from the publisher. So instead, I'm going to babble a bit about a break I was able to take in April.

Last year, I met an awesome guy who became friends with me and my hubby. Even though he was only in our area for a few months, we've kept in touch. He travels a LOT for business, and is currently in western Michigan, right on the shore of Lake Michigan.



After a stressful winter and conflicts with more than one family member, I seriously needed a break and a change of scenery. So I got in touch with my friend and asked if he would mind me crashing in his hotel room for a couple of nights. Hubby was cool with the idea, because he knows that sometimes I just plain feel trapped and need to get away for a little while. And my friend was thrilled at the idea of seeing me again.

Even though my friend's working third shift, so he was working when I was sleeping and sleeping when I was awake, we had some good talks and hang-out time. And when he was sleeping, he let me use his car to explore the area.

I was only there for about two and a half days, but during that time I was able to let go of some of the stress I'd been under. For the first time in a long time, I was completely happy. And I've brought that happiness home with me.

I've also brought home some pictures and the sense of the people in the town, because that is SO a place to set a romance novel or two. And I plan to do that... as soon as I find room in my writing schedule.


4 comments:

Fiona McGier said...

One of our sons lives in Michigan now that he's graduated from college and working there. So we've been exploring the Michigan State Parks by planning weekends with him. We'll be out there soon for another one, and we'll be camping very near to Lake Michigan. There's some gorgeous scenery in Michigan, and not just in the UP!

And good on you for knowing you needed a break. Lucky you to be able to take one!

jean hart stewart said...

Wonderful your husband knows to help out when down-time is needed. Hope you are all refreshed.

Tina Donahue said...

Can't wait to see your new cover. Glad you had a good time. :)

KarennaC said...

Thanks, everyone :) Fiona, the scenery around the town I stayed in is gorgeous; the photo in my post is one I took. And apparently it's even better in summer.