Home

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Escaping into a Book


Hi, I'm Lisa Carlisle back for my second month here at Sweet and Sexy Divas. Has it already been a month? Wow,the time really flies when you have a new release. You're so busy spreading the word that it leaves little time to write. Boo. But I'm happy to say I'm settled into writing again,working on the sequel to Dark Velvet.

When I write, I truly slip away into the world of my stories. If I'm writing in third person, at some point I will slip up and start writing in third as I'm picturing the scene unfold through my characters eyes. And that's one of the things I love about writing and reading -- the ability to escape into another world. Because let's face it, there's enough bad news in the world around us. I sometimes shed tears reading the newspaper, just yesterday with the stories from the Boston Marathon survivors. Who doesn't want to escape into a story now and then to get a mental break from the daily world? 

Now it's time for me to go back into the world I'll be in for the time being while I work on Dark Muse, the art colony set in a medieval-style castle on a remote New England. I'll be there in my mind, at least. ;)

Here's more about the first part of the series. 

Dark Velvet

Lisa Carlisle

Chateau Seductions series


Grad student Savannah Evans is thrilled to be accepted as a resident to a prestigious art colony. Where else would she be able to focus on her craft of writing poetry in a setting like that of the medieval-styled castle? The remote New England island is a respite from her hectic city life. When she meets her benefactor, a mysterious French sculptor, her expectations for carefree days writing near the ocean are distracted by unprofessional fantasies about her sponsor.
Antoine Chevalier built Les Beaux Arts on DeRoche Island to bring purpose back to an existence that has lost meaning. He’s wandered the earth for decades and finds solace in returning to art. When Savannah applies for a residency, something about her words touches him. After her arrival, a physical attraction grows between them, which he struggles against. She deserves more than someone of his kind.
Antoine proposes they become lovers during her stay. But the situation turns complicated when Savannah discovers his secret. She had suspicions about his identity, but finds the truth overwhelming. Consumed by her desire for Antoine and faced with a tough decision, she is blind to the danger that has arrived at DeRoche Island.
New adult / paranormal / erotic romance

For an excerpt and more, visit Lisacarlislebooks.com



Sign up for new releases and specials at
lisacarlislebooks.com/subscribe

Connect with Lisa:
Pinterest

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I know what you mean about getting lost in a story, Lisa. I do the same. Your book sounds wonderful. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Sometimes what I'm writing seems more real than what I'm living. great excerpt, Lisa.

Lisa Carlisle said...

Thanks, Tina!

I love it, Jean!