Home

Monday, February 3, 2014

To blog or not to blog.....


I’ve been thinking about promo a lot lately. I’m not doing effective promoting of my books, and have been scrutinizing different ideas to see what works best for me. One thing that is evident from my web mail is the plethora of blogs. Every other message is someone asking you to click on their blog. That’s fine, if it works for them.  But does it? 

I only blog regularly in two places, here and at RomanceBooks4Us. I enjoy both a lot, but is it effective? I wish I knew. 

Is there something that might work better for me? And what is it? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve also just finished first edits on Fearless Pursuit. A complicated book, with two brothers as heroes . Rurik is one and dominates the story with the developing (and passionate, VERY passionate) love for Reina. Like all elves in this series, Passionate Pursuits, he has a difficult time pursuing his love. The other brother, Jakob, fights his extraordinary skill as an elfin healer,  and wants to reject them. Jake is the hero in the next book, which is in my editor’s hands.
 .
Here's an excerpt !!!


"He grinned, and started to quickly undress. At this point he didn’t care what anyone thought. He was on fire for his love. He took off his shoes and socks, and then his white gown. Down to his shirt and pants, he made quick work of them also. Vicky was not far behind him, but she’d only shed her nurse’s uniform and her shoes and hose when he was on her. His rampant cock was about to burst through his undershorts, and she tried to help by caressing it through the cloth, then putting her eager fingers in the slot. 
Vale batted her hands away and stepped out of his shorts, releasing his turgid cock so it pointed directly at her. Grabbing her panties he ripped them down, and then pulled her slip over her head. Pausing only a few seconds to admire her exposed and delectable body, he laid his head on her stomach.
“Love, you’d harden a dead man. How do you stay so enticing?”
She didn’t answer, just reached for his cock and caressed the pulsing head. Vale was too far gone for much foreplay, but he allowed her to tighten her fingers and run them up and down his erection for several seconds. Then she moaned and that finished him. He plunged his cock into her already wet cunt and rejoiced when she wrapped her arms and legs around him in welcome.
She was wet and aroused and he knew instinctively this was going to be an exceptional joining. Although they’d always more than enjoyed their sexual matings, sometimes one seemed to stand out. This was definitely one of those times.
He rode her without mercy, knowing this was what they both wanted. She matched him stroke for stroke, clenching her vagina around his cock. They soon spiraled into a glorious universe far outside the hospital, and one where they both seemed to melt into the other.
He held her tightly until her legs fell away from his body, and their breathing slowed. When he knew she was back to earth, he kissed her lips sweetly.
Damn, if he had time he’d mount her again, and from the sultry look she gave him she wouldn’t mind.
“Thank you, love. That was spectacular. I wish I could fuck you again but we’ll have to wait until tonight. I’ll more than make up for the delay.”
His sigh was genuine, and she smiled and nipped one his nipples lightly."

Do tell me what you think......comment on the blog or write me at jswriter@earthlink.net

5 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I wish I knew what worked in terms of promo, but I don't. I feel like I spend more and more time on promo. It gets frustrating, exhausting and overwhelming.

I figure if I get one new fan with a post, and that fan talks to the people s/he knows, then it was worth it.

I think. ;)

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

I agree with Tina. Promo is tough and it seems we spend so much valuable time promoting when we should be writing.

I know one thing, my backlist is the best promo I've come across. The more books you have available, the more sales I've had with other books. If readers like what you write, they'll come back for more. I blog at many places and like you, I often wonder how much it helps. If anything, Jean, it keeps your name in the public eye. Out of sight, out of mind is very true for an author...so we must keep our names flittering around the world wide web so readers continue to recognize the name.

Best of luck to you, dear!

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks, ladies. My new series is my best but that hasn't shown up yet in my sales.. Gotta keep promo-ing I guess, much as I dislike it.

Fiona McGier said...

I read that it takes 7 times of seeing an author's name before a reader even bothers to check out your website. Or your books. So keep on talking.

I visualize it as we're all in a big room, holding up neon signs...some are dressed either conservatively or wildly, and some are stark naked. We're all jumping up and down yelling, "read MY books!" We all hope the readers will glance our way. Sometimes we're lucky.

jean hart stewart said...

Fiona, that's very interesting. I intend to keep plugging away. I'm on my 34th book and wonder when I can slack up on the publicity. Probably never.