Home

Sunday, February 2, 2014

New Year, New Muse

Greetings readers. A month has already passed in 2014 and I welcomed a new muse into my already complicated and crowded headspace. Going into my fourth full year of writing, I’d been thinking about doing a set of stories with heroines in their forties. Why? Well, not that I’ve read a lot of het since I do mostly m/m, but I wanted to create storylines close to my heart as well as my friends who are still looking for Mr. Right instead of Mr. Right Now. So I thought, why not do some romance with a mature, curvy woman, already successful but still striking out in the date department. Think Carrie Bradshaw, brash and sexy with an affinity for shoes and lacey undergarments. She speaks her mind, a little foul mouthed but she knows better not to swear around momma. Meet my new muse, Veronica Bagby.

*tada*

I’m not really sure how I came up with the name other than the fact I love the name Veronica and Bagby just popped into my brain. Her tagline; Living Life, Seeking Mr. Right. Why did I pick that? Because much like a few friends who I use as inspiration, they’re already set in career or are at least on the right path to what they really want out of life but in the romance department, they’re still searching. And that’s what Veronica is all about. Yeah you’ll meet her momma, her best friend who is also her ex fianceĆ©, and her girls who constantly try to dissuade her from taking chances but Veronica’s a high roller and isn’t afraid to go for what she wants. No Miss Priss or shy for this gal.

I’ve yet to write a story for Miss Veronica but in reality, I only plan to make her a temporary muse but who knows, maybe she’ll just stick around and do blog posts? *laughs* I hope to get her a story or two really soon but for now you can follow her at Veronica Bagby on Wordpress. She’s already made some noise there and already begging me to get going with her books.


Yep I know I’m crazy for trying to write with another name but authors know how it works. When plot bunnies hit, they’re very hard to ignore. 

Author Sharita Lira: In one word, crazy. Just crazy enough to have 3 FOUR different muses running around in her head, driving her to sheer exhaustion with new plot bunnies and complex characters.

This happily married mother of two beautiful children loves music, computers, reading, and still enjoys reading and writing fanfiction. She’s a proud member of the Erotica Readers & Writers Association, as well as an advocate for rights of LGBT citizens.  She’s also a contributor to the heavy metal ezine Fourteeng.net.

For more information, please visit http://www.thelitriad.com as well as her Facebook fanpage, The Literary Triad.


The Literary Triad - http://www.thelitriad.com/#!

Michael Mandrake – http://tabooindeed.blogspot.com









5 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on your 4th year of writing!

I like the idea of an older heroine. I've seen EC do those stories. Let's face it, 40 is the new 30. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Think the older heroine is on a real roll..I'd love to read about your new character..

S.Lira said...

@Tina

Thanks so much. I'm looking forward to writing with her and doing het stories. :D

S.Lira said...

@Jean

Thanks so much. I hope the books to be fun and sexy for all women. :D

Fiona McGier said...

Hooray! I am SO tired of sweet young thangs who get enlightened while being beaten by Mr. My-way-or-the-highway-because-I'm-filthy-rich. Let's see some sparring between equals for a change! And I don't mean cougars who hunt young men who can barely shave. I mean E-Q-U-A-L-S! Where you don't know who's going to come out on top (ahem) until the end.