Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ready or Not

For those who celebrate, are you ready for the gift-giving? I am... sort of. For the first time in a loooooooong time I actually got all my gifts in the mail on time. When it comes to Christmas, I'm usually the one whose presents arrive in time for New Year's so this is a huge accomplishment for me. :)

I have one present left before the big day. That one is for my hubby and being hand made. I got a wild hair up my ass to [insert surprise gift that I won't mention on any online venue until next month just to be safe].

The great part is that I can see the end. I might actually make it... so long as I sacrifice every second of free time (and all the non-free time too) until the big day. I've written less than 500 words all month. I hope the hubby appreciates the lengths I'm going to, to accomplish this feat of Christmas magic.

And speaking of lengths... My hero from my latest release under my other name had to cross dimensions for his lover.

Kristar by D. Renee Bagby
Kristar
by D. Renee Bagby

[Fantasy Interracial Romance Novel, MF]

Destined lovers don't always have it easier.

Chigaru is captain of the guard and he loves his queen more than he should. He is loyal to the royal family but knows his desire for one he cannot have is an issue. He needs a woman who will distract him before he commits treason.

Kitty is a classically trained dancer turned stripper. Her life is perfect except for the shadows of her past catching up with her. She needs to get away before she becomes a prisoner of her destiny.

Five years ago, Silny enacted a plan to regain her lost memories. The last piece of the puzzle is Kitty, and Chigaru is the only one who can cross dimensions to retrieve her. Kitty is not right for his world. Chigaru is not what she expected. They are soul mates, but knowing that might not be enough to overlook their pasts for a future together.


Read Chapter One Online: http://drb1stchp.com/2013/12/kristar-by-d-renee-bagby/

Buy Now: http://www.bookstrand.com/kristar

Excerpt:
Chigaru reached for her but she smacked his hand away. "Kitty, I told you the reasons why I did not want to bring you here."
"Yeah but I didn't know you were talking about me at the time. And those were excuses, not reasons. The first day we met, you knew I was your soul mate. You fucking knew and you were going to leave without saying a word. If you hadn't lost that stupid scroll, you would have returned home so you could continue mooning over another man's wife."
"Kitty—"
"Tell me I'm wrong. Go on, Mr. I-can't-lie. Tell me."
Chigaru closed his mouth because he couldn't speak the words she wanted to hear. Kitty wasn't wrong. Without giving her a chance or trying to know her, he had determined to leave her.
"Ha! I knew it." Kitty pushed to her feet and faced Silny. "Can you send me home?"
"Kitty!" Chigaru jumped to his feet and grabbed her arm. She tried to pull away from him, but he held her.
She stopped fighting him but didn't look at him. To Silny she asked, "Can you?"
Silny spared Chigaru a glance before she said, "The magic that retrieved you could send you back."
"Good. Let's get this party started."
At the same time, Chigaru yelled, "No."
Silny said, "I said the magic could send you back. It could if you hadn't performed the bonding."
"What?" Kitty and Chigaru asked in unison.
"You are bound to him, Kitty. Your souls are mingled. No magic will part you now. There is no magic stronger than the silver cord between true mates. Mates not yet bound can surmount most magic, as King Melchior found out."
Chigaru relaxed though he didn't release Kitty. She wouldn't be able to leave him. That gave him time to make up for his shortsightedness upon their first meeting.

Buy Now: http://www.bookstrand.com/kristar

---
D. ReneƩ Bagby
Building New Realms of Passion...
http://about.me/dreneebagby

FAVORED DRAGON'S RELEASE [High Fantasy Non-shifter Dragon Romance, MF]
He wants her for his bride to end the dragons' curse but his love for her is ruining his plans.
http://dreneebagby.com/bookshelf/hbd1-yolette

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I like your tagline: Destined lovers don't always have it easier.

Sounds like a great read. :)

Kelli Scott said...

Can't wait to find out what the gift is.

jean hart stewart said...

Love the complicated sound of this one. Lots of luck with it and great gifts to you.....