Home

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Coming tomorrow, Unexpected Christmas!!!!!


This blog should be easy to write!!  Here it is the third of December already, and my darling book, Unexpected Christmas comes out tomorrow at Ellora’s Cave. I always get soooo revved up with a new book. Unexpected is different from anything I’ve written before. I’ve written regencies, but this is a regency erotica. Not hard-core but still erotica.

The book gave me a lot of trouble, mostly due to my own carelessness. Fortunately I have the best of editors, and she kept me slugging away until I got it right. I didn’t check my vocabulary as I should, and as a result I’d used words that didn’t appear until two, three or sometimes ten years later. The stupidest episode I wrote had the hero’s broken arm being put in a cast. Turns out plaster of paris wasn’t used until two years later, so a long medical interlude needed complete revision. Color me red on that one!

 I did redeem myself a little by building the plot around a little known fact of that period you’ll find hard to believe. I was amazed myself, and no, I’m not going to give it away. I want you to read the book.
Here's an excerpt. It's sensual, but not from the more erotic parts of the book.
 
And the snow ball fight was on.
Ten minutes later Caro acknowledged defeat.
“If I could I’d hold out longer but I’m exhausted. I don’t think I could pack another snowball. It’s only that you have more strength, my lord, not that you have superior strategy.”
She stood, panting and smiling, and his heart betrayed him once again. His heart and his swollen cock. How he could grow so large with so little encouragement and snow down his shirt and neck he didn’t know.
Why did this one girl have such power over him? Surely it was only because there was no other distractions when they were so isolated.
He smiled a devilish grin.
“Did we set a forfeit for the loser? No, we did not. I therefore claim my winner’s prize.”
There in the snow he took her in his arms and kissed her with the passion that had been building for the last two days. Ever since she’d raised those glorious eyes. Greatcoats, capes, snow coating both their faces and hair, nothing could dim his kiss and her passionate response.
When he could breathe again he did not release his hold on her.
“Caro, do you know where this is going? Do you even begin to know how much I want you? I can’t promise to hold back tonight.”
She was silent even as she snuggled as close to him as she could get.
“Yes, I think I do. It’s not nearly as much as I want you, Sebastian. But if I surrender we both know what that means. I’m not worthy of your notice in the ton where you shine. And I’m not really cut out to be a mistress. I need to think.”
He buried his face in her hair.
“Ah, Caro. I want you more than I’ve ever wanted another woman.”
She moved away from him.
“I’m not sure that’s enough, Sebastian. Maybe for you. But maybe not for me.”
 
You do want to know what comes next, don't you?
 This will be available at all the usual websites. Ellora's Cave, of course, also Amazon, Kindle, and Barnes and Noble. And at my own website, www.jeanhartstewart.com
Thanks for letting me be exuberant...
 
 
 

3 comments:

S.Lira said...

Sounds great Jean!

Congrats on the new release!

:D

Tina Donahue said...

Wow - I love the concept, Jean - and the cover - I'm drooling!

Major congrats, and I hope you burn up the net with your sales. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks to both of you. Now what can I do today that would be special?