Home

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

Hello romance fans! I'm excited to feature several of my fellow Celtic Hearts Romance Writers and their new Scottish Time Travel Romance Boxed Set: Three Timeless Loves.

This boxed set includes books by



The books I feature are from authors who were not afraid to be soulful, sappy, and/or suggestive when it came to their heroes. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and fire up those eReaders so you can add these new releases to your TBR collection. 

I hope you like my choices for this month. Happy reading!



Get yours at Amazon for only $0.99!



"Do not be getting skittish on me now, lass." He pushed his hand through his hair, his blue gaze fixed determinedly upon her, and his voice rumbled in a most unsettlingly confidential way. "You have got to know that I was only thinking of your fortunes. Fetch me a wee dram and I will see you have a roll unlike any other, and coin for your own as well."

His bold wink left no doubt as to what kind of roll he meant.

Of all the nerve!

It wasn't reassuring in the least that Morgan was still simmering from that first glance. She sputtered for a moment before she managed to take refuge in indignation. "How dare you talk to a perfect stranger like that!"

To Morgan's dismay, he laughed, the rich sound filling the tower room. "You must be the most cheeky whore I have yet to meet," he murmured, a grin still lingering on his lips.

"I am not a whore!" Morgan snapped.

He blinked, then his fair brows drew together. He shoved a hand through his hair, leaving it tousled in a boyish manner at odds with the severity of his expression. "Nay? What manner of sire or spouse would let a woman run about dressed as you are?"

The idea of a husband telling Morgan what she could or could not do struck a nerve and she heard her own voice rise. "If I had a husband, he wouldn't tell me what to wear!"

"Would he not, then?" The man's sapphire gaze was assessing, though he seemed to muse as much to himself as to Morgan. "And why would he be listening? Why, a man could just toss a wee lass like you over his shoulder..."

Morgan's mouth went dry as he stepped closer, a sensuous gleam in his eye.
~ Claire Delacroix, The Last Highlander



“I believe ye’ve a treat for me,” he said against my ear, licking the lobe.

I murmured, “Yes,” and closed my eyes.

“Give me a bite.”

I held the pastry over my shoulder, prepared for him to take a bite, but he turned me around instead. Opening my eyes, I watched him dip his head to nuzzle between my breasts.

“The best treat of the day,” he declared.

I laughed and gasped while he softly bit my hardened nipples through my gown—the lavender one. I’d not the balls to dress in the sheer black one.

“Now, for my sweet.” He flattened me to the bed, and instantly my sex was drenched, quivering, waiting. Logan sprawled on top of me, his hips settling between my parted thighs. Only this time, he did grab the pastry from my hands and shoved the entire thing into his mouth. “Mmm… So good.”
~ Eliza Knight, Behind The Plaid



"Yer right. Struan said he would send Rachelle to fetch ye in the morning. We better get to bed... er... sleep." He looked around and then unfastened his belt. The kilt that had stayed in place through everything so far fell in a pile around him. Maggie's gaze was drawn inexorably to his legs, which were now visible below the end of the linen shirt he wore.Nice legs, she thought, experiencing another unwanted tug of attraction to Alex. Very nice legs. And his shirt didn't fall low enough to cover all of his...

"Do I meet yer standards?"

Maggie felt her cheeks heat up as Alex cleared his throat and turned away. She was standing there, examining him from head to toe and every place in between, and never realized that he was watching her. Well, she couldn't help it. She had a weakness for looking at men with nice legs. Pat had teased her about it constantly.

"I'm sorry, Alex. I haven't had a man undress in front of me for a while. I didn't mean to be rude."

Alex tugged the covers down, exposing several pillows, before he answered. "I know, Maggie. I had no idea that the plaid would just fall like that." He pulled the linen shirt down before climbing into the bed and adjusting the covers.

Maggie realized she was standing in the middle of the room and Alex was ensconced in the bed already! How was she to undress?

"Do not worry, Maggie, I willna watch. I promise," he said, as if he had read her mind. But she could hear the huskiness in his voice that told her his body was responding against his mind's direction.

Maggie made her way around the room, blowing out the candles. Delaying her climb into the bed with him, she picked up and folded his plaid. Then she rearranged the position of the trunk out of her path to the door. Soon, it was obvious to her and Alex that she was stalling.

"I am not quite ready to sleep yet. Just get in bed. I gave ye my word, do not ye trust me?"

She looked at him and realized that she did trust his word. Silently, she took off the skirt and bodice of her outfit and climbed into bed in just her chemise. It actually covered more than most of her nightgowns did. He held up the covers and she settled down between him and the wall.

"There now. That wasna so bad, was it?"

"No, Alex, it wasn't."

When he took her hand in his and entwined his fingers around hers, she felt only comfort from the gesture.

"What is this all about, Alex?"

"I do not know, lass. We must wait and watch for signs and clues about what happened to us. Mayhap someone here can aid us." He squeezed her hand before letting go of it.

"I just don't understand. This can't be real. It can't really be happening to us." Tears welled and burned in her eyes and throat. She fought their release. "This can't be what I'm thinking—traveling through time? How? Why us?"

"I do not know. But try to stay calm about it. Get some sleep. Morning will be here afore ye know it."

"Are you worried, Alex?"

"Aye, I am, but I'm trying to control it for now. We hae to give it a few days and see what comes to us. Good night, Maggie."

She turned over on her side and still fought the tears that threatened to fall. In a whisper, she said, "I'll try not to worry, either, Alex. Maybe we'll wake in the morning and find that this is all just a bad dream. Good night."

Sleep eluded her for a long time that night.
~ Terri Brisbin, A Love Through Time


* * *

Renee Vincent is an award-winning author of historical and contemporary romance. She also writes humorous Chick-Lit with a smidgen of spunk as her alter ego, Gracie Lee Rose.







4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Awesome quotes as always. Thanks, Renee!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

You're welcome Tina! And I can't wait to dive into this boxed set from my fellow CHRW chapter mates! I'm so proud of them!

jean hart stewart said...

Great quotes...and who wouldn't want a Scotsman with great legs?

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Oh so right, Jean!