Home

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

AN ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE

2013 has been a roller-coaster year for me. The first eight months were unbelievably good—so much so that sometimes I had to pinch myself to believe the whole thing was really true and not a serial dream. A few examples:
  • Treasuring Theresa, my sweet Regency short story, was released in January by Ellora's Cave's Blush Cotillion line, and I became a published author!
  • My parents gave me a house in Florida and I became a snowbird!
  • My mother made me a beautiful Regency gown and pelisse to wear at conferences and book signings, and I wore it at RT in Kansas City and the Beau Monde in Atlanta.
  • I traveled to Scotland (my second Rick Steves tour).
  • I created and built up a social presence, including two blogs, Susana's Parlour and Susana's Morning Room, which was instrumental in building friendships with many other romance authors.
September and October brought me back to reality, when I contracted a serious illness and spent many weeks on intravenous antibiotics. The flip side of that, however, is a renewed appreciation for doctors and medicine and health insurance, which, along with the assistance of family and close friends, are responsible for the clean bill of health I was given earlier this month.

Health is a magnificent gift. I hope I never take it for granted again!

November is turning out to be a milestone month too. Restored to health, I've been able to concentrate on the November 21st release of my second story, a Christmas novella. A Twelfth Night Tale is one of eight stories in the Cotillion Christmas Traditions series. All eight will appear in print anthologies as well as individual digital versions, Cotillion Christmas Traditions and CotillionChristmas Celebrations.

I've featured all eight stories on Susana's Parlour. If you happen to enjoy sweet Regency stories sparkling with romance and Christmas cheer, these might be right up your alley!

Also, I've been informed that Treasuring Theresa went on sale on November 18th. Not a Christmas story, but a sweet Regency that was chosen as a finalist in the EPIC eBook Awards in the Romance Short Works category.

More exciting events:
  • Attended Ellora's Cave's Romanticon Conference in Canton and received a “SuperStar Award” that I shared with Samantha Kane.
  • Traveled to Phoenix to have lunch with Diana Gabaldon. (!!!)
All in all, I have a lot to be thankful for this year, and December hasn't even happened yet. While I have no idea what the future holds for me, my goal is to live in the present and cherish each day's blessings as they come.

Celebrate the Release Day of A Twelfth Night Tale!


Susana is giving away a fabulous sterling silver necklace and 
A Twelfth Night Tale Christmas charm bracelet (silver-plated). 
Click here for the Rafflecopter!

About A Twelfth Night Tale


A wounded soldier and the girl next door find peace and love amidst a backdrop of rural Christmas traditions.

Without dowries and the opportunity to meet eligible gentlemen, the five Barlow sisters stand little chance of making advantageous marriages. But when the eldest attracts the attention of a wealthy viscount, suddenly it seems as though Fate is smiling upon them.

Lucy knows that she owes it to her younger sisters to encourage Lord Bexley's attentions, since marriage to a peer will secure their futures as well as hers. The man of her dreams has always looked like Andrew Livingston, her best friend's brother. But he's always treated her like a child, and, in any case, is betrothed to another. Perhaps the time has come to put away childhood dreams and accept reality…and Lord Bexley.

Andrew has returned from the Peninsula with more emotional scars to deal with than just the lame arm. Surprisingly, it's his sister's friend “Little Lucy” who shows him the way out of his melancholy. He can't help noticing that Lucy's grown up into a lovely young woman, but with an eligible viscount courting her, he'll need a little Christmas magic to win her for himself.

Available

About the Author

A former teacher, Susana is finally living her dream of being a full-time writer. She loves all genres of romance, but historical—Regency in particular—is her favorite. There’s just something about dashing heroes and spunky heroines waltzing in ballrooms and driving through Hyde Park that appeals to her imagination.

In real life, Susana is a lifelong resident of northwest Ohio, although she has lived in Ecuador and studied in Spain, France and Mexico. More recently, she was able to travel around the UK and visit many of the places she’s read about for years, and it was awesome! She is a member of the Maumee Valley and Beau Monde chapters of Romance Writers of America.

Contacts


Web site • Email • Facebook • Twitter • Linked In • Pinterest • Google+Goodreads

Susana’s Parlour (Regency Blog) • Susana’s Morning Room (Romance Blog)

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Wow, you did have a great year, Susana! Hope your health gets better and better every day. It sucks to be sick.

Love your stories. :)

Susana Ellis said...

Thanks, Tina! I'm much better and happily ensconced in FL for the winter.

So glad you enjoy my stories! That's the best reward!