Home

Saturday, October 19, 2013

This Is Halloween...

It's one of my favorite times of year. I love Halloween. The costumes. The candy. The horror movies that aren't scary...to me. The hubby and I are planning a Leprechaun marathon. All six in a row. We're also handing out candy. Unlike last year when we underestimated the amount of kids in our neighborhood, we're prepared. We have lots of candy so we shouldn't run out.

One of my favorite parts about this holiday are the movies. There aren't many Halloween movies out there...for kids. Plenty of horror Halloween movies. For some reason, The Halloween Tree has disappeared. If you haven't seen this movie, I totally recommend it...if you can find it. One of the better edutainment movies about the origins of Halloween that I've ever seen.

My other favorite Halloween (non-horror) movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas.



This is Halloween (almost) is the perfect song for my latest release, featuring a man who goes by the name the Lord of Pumpkins (LP for short). I didn't want to use the title Pumpkin King for obvious reasons. :P

Heart's Fall by Zenobia Renquist
Heart's Fall
[Trick or Treat / Fey Holidays ]
by Zenobia Renquist

The trick to love is never letting go.

A simple Halloween tradition turns into more than Vivian or Cala anticipated. They thought their wild midnight romp was a one time thing, but the deep longing for each other that remains says otherwise. Fey magic is ready to bind them together forever, assuming they can find each other again.

Publisher: Changeling Press
Genre: Erotic Urban Fantasy Romance, MF, Interracial, Halloween, Fey
Length: Novella

Read Chp One Online:
http://drb1stchp.com/2013/10/hearts-fall-by-zenobia-renquist/

Buy Now:
Changeling Press :: ARe (5% off) :: CTR (20% off) :: Kindle :: Kobo :: Nook


For the month of October, get 10% off your entire purchase at Changeling Press when you add any Halloween title to your cart and use the discount code GreatPumpkin2013 at checkout.

Here's hoping everyone has a safe and happy Halloween.

--
Zenobia Renquist
Discover Different and Unique Romance
http://about.me/zenobiarenquist

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love Halloween. Have very fond memories of my friends and I 'trick or treating' during high school (all girl), wearing our ugly gym suits, fright wigs and makeup - loved freaking out the neighbors. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Halloween has deteriorated from when I was a kid, at least in my part of California. School festivities have taken over, and while I love the Halloween parade at our local school, miss the door to door stuff.

Fiona McGier said...

I'll no doubt be working, but my husband rushes home every year because he loves seeing the kiddies and handing out (while eating his share) the candy. We live across the street from a grade school, so there's usually a good amount of kids out. Now that ours are in college, we don't know any of the neighborhood kids anymore, but some of their friends' younger sibs make a point of hitting our house to say "hi".

Zenobia Renquist said...

Tina - I remember my last high school trick or treating trip. I was really sad to age out. I need some kids so I can start going again. :P

Jean - Yeah, I'm not fond of how the current society has forced people to watch their kids closer during Halloween. I remember going to strange neighborhoods in the dark all alone and not worrying about being snatched. I just wanted candy and mom wanted to be warm. I had my trusty flashlight and my pillowcase. And I got home safe so my mom could "inspect" the candy. But now... I miss the good old days sometimes.

Fiona - That is great. I'm betting you never have to worry about left over candy. This is the first house the hubby and I have been in for years where we've had a decent amount of trick-or-treaters. Our other houses have been out of the way, so any candy we bought went with the hubby to work the next day. Glad that famine has ended.