Home

Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's Finally Here!!!



I'm pleased to announce the long-awaited release of my new romantic thriller from eXtasy Books, "Warning Shot."

I say long awaited because it took me a while to get this one to market, but it was worth it. This is the third installment in the Nick Seven spy series featuring my two most popular characters, former CIA spooks Nick Seven and Felicia Hagens. "Nick Seven and Felicia Hagens left the CIA for the laidback ease of the Florida Keys, leaving behind a life of intrigue. 

When Nick's former mentor becomes part of a conspiracy with international repercussions, Nick breaks his self-imposed exile to stop him. The case throws Nick and Felicia into a juggernaut of espionage, government cover-ups and political assassinations. Will they stop the plot in time? Can their relationship survive another unwanted intrusion?" In my humble opinion this story has something for everyone - action, great atmosphere, realsitic characters and dialogue, and enough heat between Nick and Felicia to make Key West in July feel like Alaska. 

Here's an excerpt: 

Nick brought Felicia's hand to his mouth then kissed it. "That's one of the reasons I'm glad I have you around. You always keep me focused." 

"Is that the only reason you're glad I'm around?" 

"No, but it's a long list." Felicia sat on his lap and ran her fingers through his hair. "I've got nothin' but time, tough Guy." 

He caressed her cheek. "You're resourceful, self-confident and independent." 

"You just described a Boy Scout. Can't you do better than that?" 

He kissed her. "You're incredibly hot, passionate about everything, and waking up next to you makes all my teenaged dreams come true." He paused. "Plus you make a mean stir-fried shrimp." 

Felica laughed and lightly smacked his arm. "Is that the best you've got? You were always better at foreplay." 

"You make me feel alive and I can't wait to start every day all over again with you." She cupped his cheek and peered into his eyes. "That's what I was gonna say. It's kinda hard to explain but the first time I saw you, all that time ago in London, it was like a jolt of electricity went through me. Then when you quit and I went back home to Barbados, I felt this big empty inside, like somethin' vital had been taken away." 

He traced her jaw with his fingers. "Same thing I felt. I'm glad we finally got together." 

She rested her lips on his and they kissed deeply. Nick inhaled her scent, a libido-boosting blend of Giorgio Red and her natural body chemistry. 

Felicia pulled back and smiled. "What's that I feel pokin' me from underneath?" 

"Three guesses and the first two don't count." She chuckled seductively. "What is it about this climate that always has you so horny?" 

"It isn't the cliamte, it's you." He played with a strand of her hair. "It's always been you." 

**** "Warning Shot" is available at Extasy Books and Amazon Kindle. Enjoy! Tim Smith

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats, Tim!! Love the cover. Very hot. Really enjoyed the excerpt. May you burn up the net with your sales. :)

jean hart stewart said...

I'll echo Tina... LOved the cover and the excerpt. Much success with this one.

Fiona McGier said...

I love these two characters. Their interaction is always engaging. I like that they're both competent spies as well. He doesn't always need to rescue her, and she can kick ass with the best of them!

Looks like another great read for my TBR pile!

Tim Smith said...

Thanks, everyone - and Fiona, Felicia kicks some very serious ass in this one.