Home

Monday, October 7, 2013

I actually have news!

I know, shocker!  It seems like the last few months for me have been downers but lately, the writer side of me has been getting busy.  Go me!

First set of news...I actually wrote my first query letter.  I know, seems cute to some people because they already have the publishers that they write for, so actually writing that query letter with synopsis would seem quant but I did it and now I'm just waiting for the acceptance or rejection.  With this particular publisher they do not want your MS until they request it.  So the waiting game begins...and actually I'm not all that worried about it.  They either like it or don't...it's a romantic suspense with a touch of paranormal.

The second set of news is that I have verbal from a publisher for one of their particular lines and my Home series will be perfect for them.  Finding Home will be the first book and Coming Home will be the second book.  I'm very excited about this series and my characters.  Forrest, Donna, Dawn and Kevin will finally have a place to call home.  My Home series is a contemporary series about two cousins, Donna and Dawn, that finally figure out where "home" is and the men that won't give up on them finding it.

Next month, I will start sharing excerpts and such.

Sorry this is short but I just got back from the Mom & Me camp out with my cub scout, Brian.  He and I had such a blast but I'm tired, ache and have blisters on both feet.  Ugh!  I wouldn't change the experience for anything and I made some great friends within our den and pack!

Till next month....


6 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on getting back into the writing life, Harlie! :)

Harlie Reader said...

It's about time! LOL!

Thanks Tina!

Harlie

jean hart stewart said...

Always nice to know someone has found what fulfills them. Keep writing, girl!

Nikki said...

I can't wait to be able to read your stories when they're published! Bring em on! :) Yay to your news. <3 <3

Fiona McGier said...

It's a lot of fun to do scouting stuff with your kids! I lead my daughter's Girl Scout Troop from kindergarten until 8th grade, when my daughter finally had had enough selling cookies. But she's still friends with some of the girls...was all through high school, though some went to a different school. Now they're all in college and Facebook has made it so much easier for them to stay in touch.

Sometimes you really need to wallow in real life for a while, to recharge your writing batteries!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Harlie Reader said...

@Nikki, you will so...

@Jean, thank you and it does.

@Fiona, He loves scouting and I was a GS for many years so its been fun for me, too. Camping was a trip and I'm finally recovered.

I totally agree with you and real life. Sometimes you have to step away from being plugged in all the time and realize what is important, have fun and the writing will come.

Harle