Home

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Trapped in Fairy Tale Land & New Release

Like most writers, my muse dictates what I write and when. The majority of the time, when deadlines are involved, I can nudge (gently while offering candy) the muse to work on the stories that need to be finished sooner rather than the stories that can be finished later. I have a novella I need to finish for November release. I have a novella I need to finish for December release. And I also promised my editor the second installment for a new series.

Deadlines...

My muse is cackling maniacally as she cracks the whip on a book that has nothing to do with any of the above. I am trapped in fairy tale land. One morning (read - afternoon since I haven't seen a morning in weeks) I woke up with this fantastic story idea -- an erotica re-imagine of Beauty and the Beast. I know. I know. Been there and done that. But I love Beauty and the Beast. It's my absolute favorite fairy tale (and Disney film) and this story idea made me fall in love with it. I had to write it.

But that's just one book. That doesn't signify being trapped. Okay, so here's what happened...

I got half way through B&B (about 16K into it) and the very next day my muse whispers this re-imagine of Rumpelstiltskin in my ear. Lord! I type out some quick notes on B&B and then flip over to Rumpel. Suffice to say Rumpel is now finished at 35K and I've moved on to Bluebeard (about 8K into that). But that's not all. I have notes typed up for Goldilocks and the Three Bears and Coat of Many Colors (aka Cup o' Rushes) as well.

This was NOT supposed to be a series!!

Famous last words, right? Right. So at some point in the next two weeks, I have to claw my way out of fairy tale land and make my muse finish my deadline stories so I can get those turned in. Once that's finished, I can immerse myself in the fairy tales without worry of another deadline until the start of 2014. I'm hoping I don't find any others I can re-imagine. There are tons out there but not that many feature a strong female character who can carry the story from start to finish.

Uh huh. Bets?

Once I finish the five books (and it better stay five), I'll figure out titles and a series name and where to submit them. Until then, I battle with my muse and my looming deadlines.

In other news, I have a new release out today. As I start a new series, another series ends. The finale for my Assistant's Position [Contemporary Erotica] series is out today from Razor's Edge Press (Changeling Press imprint).

Sealing the Deal by Zenobia Renquist
Sealing the Deal by Zenobia Renquist

"Board Review"
Rachel is up for her yearly review. Her work ethic has been above standard and she's confident in her skills. The board plans to scrutinize every bit of her, leaving nothing untouched. Rachel knows her performance will get a raise out of them.

"Personal Time"
Rachel is back after a long vacation. It's a slow start, but Matt and Christine are both eager to supply the hands-on support Rachel needs to get back in the swing of things.

Buy Now: http://www.changelingpress.com/product.php?&upt=book&ubid=2121

Read Excerpt: http://drb1stchp.com/2013/09/sealing-the-deal-by-zenobia-renquist/

If you haven't read them yet, catch up with the first three titles in the Assistant's Position Series -- all available on Kindle, Nook, and Kobo.

Learn More: http://zenobiarenquist.com/bookshelf/assistants-position-series


---
Zenobia Renquist
Discover Different and Unique Romance
http://about.me/zenobiarenquist

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

congrats on your newest release - and on your hot retake on fairy tales. sounds yummy!!

Zenobia Renquist said...

Thanks much. I'm rushing out all my new release promo because I plan to spend the day avoiding Internet so I can write. :)

~ Zenobia