Home

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

Hello romance fans! We're rounding the end of summer and heading into my favorite season - Autumn! To celebrate my favorite time of year, I've got some hot and spicy snippets for your reading enjoyment. I hope you like historical romance, because they're all from some of fellow historical romance authors who know how to take you back in time and make you feel like you're right there in the hero's warm, strong arms.

The books I feature are from authors who were not afraid to be soulful, sappy, and/or suggestive when it came to their heroes. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and fire up those eReaders so you can add these new releases to your TBR collection. 


I hope you like my choices for this month. Happy reading!



“I want my home to be with you,” she whispered.

He reached out to twine his fingers through her long hair. “I don’t even have a home,” he reminded her. For years, the only home he’d had—the only one he’d wanted or needed—was what he could carry in his saddlebags. “And I don’t know when... or if... I’ll see you—”

She stopped his words with a fingertip against his lips. “Lucas, I know that we can’t be sure what’s going to happen. And when we get back to Missouri, you’ll see your sisters again, and...” She paused. “That might change things between us.”

“Seeing my family again will not change how I feel about you,” he said gruffly. “Annie, you matter to me. You’re...” He tried to think of the right words. “Important to me in a way that I can’t even...” He was making a mess of this. “I care about you, lady.”

It came out as a half-growl, but his declaration still made her smile.

And brought that warm softness to her brown eyes. “I know, Lucas. You’ve shown me how you feel, in so many ways.” She shook her head. “But I don’t want you to make any promises now that you might regret later. Just give me today,” she whispered, “and tomorrow, and however long we might have until spring.”
Shelly Thacker,  After Sundown



“I want to be the man who is good enough for ye. The man who protects ye, honors ye, cherishes ye. Loves ye.”

Love. Mariana’s heart constricted. “Do you?” she asked. Waiting for his answer was enough to make her wish she’d not asked. The seconds ticked by like hours, and her stomach started to sink.

Brandon’s lips were pressed so firmly together they were turning white. “Aye. I do.”

Moi, aussie. Je t’adore. I love you.

“Life with me will nay be like ’twas in a French court or an English court. I’m not as refined. Nor interested in gold, silver and jewels. But I will take care of ye. Love ye with every breath. Endeavor to give ye pleasure and joy.”

“That is all I could ever ask for. You, Brandon Sinclair, are a true man. An honorable, compassionate, fierce warrior. I will never ask for anything more, save that you keep me as yours and yours alone.”

“Ye were mine, the moment I first saw ye.”

And then he kissed her, filling her with all the passion words could not express.
~ Eliza Knight, The Highlander's Triumph


“I’ve gotten tae know you better than you think these last few days. I can tell by the way you speak and how tense you become when the topic of women is mentioned that someone has hurt you verra deeply. However, just as all dogs arena black, not all women are the same. Then again, I’m not looking for a man in my life either.” She rolled over, snuggled beneath the pelts, and closed her eyes.

He blew out a heavy sigh. Finally, she was ready to settle for the night and they could finish this conversation. Had it continued much longer, he’d have tossed his morals aside and silence her by climbing under the pelts, kissing her senseless, and finding his release.
BJ Scott,  Highland Homecoming




* * *

Renee Vincent is an award-winning author of historical and contemporary romance. She also writes humorous Chick-Lit with a smidgen of spunk as her alter ego, Gracie Lee Rose.







4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

All awesome as always, thanks, Renee!

jean hart stewart said...

Love your selections...thanks.

authorbjscott said...

Thanks for posting a quote from my new release Renee!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

You are so welcome ladies. My pleasure.