Home

Friday, September 13, 2013

My favorite season is here...


In a couple of weeks, it will officially be Autumn...

And the 90 to 100 degree temps will chill out to 70 to 80...and the beauty of the mountains in fall will blast out over the valley with all of the brilliant reds, yellows, and orange hues. I will be in my own element. COOL weather.

I love to kick back with a few good books and read to my heart's content. And write. Yeah. I really should write more.  I love Spring second best...but only because it is heading us toward another hot, sultry summer. I genuinely think Summer should be renamed Simmer.

I've been reading lots of older books these past few weeks. I just finished with Yesterday's Gold by Bobby Hutchinson...a great time travel romance from back in 1997. I bought it years back, and just found it buried in a book shelf that I was moving to another room. Loved it, all over again.

Have you ever found a treasure trove of oldies but goodies when you've been digging through stuff? I also just found my original copy of Bedeviled, by Maureen Child. Oh...and I'm rediscovering all the Dark Hunter books by Sherrilyn Kenyon, and the Highlander books by her alter ego, Kinley.

I actually read two full length novels yesterday, without stopping.

I am just getting ready to start reading still another older one, so I guess I should get this post done.  Let me know what your favorite older book is.

Hugs...

Fran Lee
 

4 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love time travel romances - will have to try Yesterday's Gold.

I'm also reading older books. Right now, I'm going through mainstream horror. Needed a break from romance.

Fran Lee said...

LOL!

Fiona McGier said...

One of my favorite older books is REALLY old, since it belonged to my late Mom and was passed between her and her sisters and all of my cousins. It's falling apart it's so old, but it's the first romance she ever let me read, as if it would explain everything to me. It's called "The Sheik" by E.M.Hull. It was made into a movie staring Rudolph Valentino in the role that made his career.

Recently someone's been on the blogs touting that she "rewrote" it to include actual erotic scenes and I'm aghast! Why? Why? Because the author's dead and it's not copyrighted anymore? Sacrilege! Leave great old books alone. I don't want to know what anyone else imagined the sex between the heroine and her sheik to be like...I know what I imagined, and I like it better that way. So yeah, that's a book I won't be adding to my TBR pile! But I'll pull the old one off the shelf, mindful of the crumbling pages, and read it again.

Fran Lee said...

LOL! Fiona, my mom gave me the paperback copy of the Sheik when I was 11, and curious about romance. I have it carefully packed into a water proof, airtight ziplock so it won't get any more bent and dogeared than it already was. Loved it! Read it dozens of times.