Home

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

More quotes, some funny, some not so !

Quotes on love seems a good way for a romance writer to start a blog. Here’s some you might not have read before. All are thought-provoking. Hope you like them.

"Let us always meet each other with a smile, for the smile is the beginning of love." Mother Teresa 

"Life is the flower for which love is the honey." Victor Hugo 

"Looking back, I have this to regret, that too often when I loved I did not say so." David Grayson 

"Love is a smoke made with the fumes of sighs." William Shakespeare 

"I never loved another person the way I loved myself." Mae West

Hope you tell me which one you like the best! Anyone who picks my favorite gets a free copy of my newest book, just out at Ellora's Cave. I'll play fair, cross my heart I will! 
Here's an excerpt. Be warned, this book is erotica and this villain is crazy. Not just sex crazy, but crazy crazy!
 
Lord Warrick sat in the back seat of the Rolls limousine, peering out the window from behind a hand shading his features. Not that the damned elf had even looked at their limo where he’d directed Crutch to pull off the road under a tree with a clear view of Vale’s hospital.
Carrie sat beside him, her eyes apprehensive and one side of her face a bright red. Warrick gave her a quick look to make sure she’d remember this time how quickly he could turn furious if she didn’t obey him. She’d have to do better. He’d told her to keep quiet and she’d dared to start to ask a question. Of course he’d backhanded her. She deserved every bit of the punishment he might still give her. A delicious shiver hunched his shoulders as he thought of what he’d to her when they’d found a room.
He turned and barked at Crutch, who was acting as chauffeur today. “Turn back toward Dover. I’ll tell you when to stop.”
Carrie shrank in the corner of the back seat, watching as they past several inns. Warrick finally spoke to Crutch in an almost normal tone.
“Pull in at the next inn.”
“The one with two big wings, my lord?”
“You idiot, it’s the next one, isn’t it?”
He made an effort to regain his control as he turned to Carrie. He suspected his smile was a bit frightening, but at least it was a smile.
“Do you have some makeup in your purse, my love? I’d like you to present your best face to the landlord, if you please.”
Astonished, she looked as if she had no idea what he  meant until she got out her compact and saw the red mark on her face. A rather large red mark.
She gasped. “Oh, I’m so sorry, my lord. I’m afraid my skin is abnormally sensitive. I can fix this right away. But you know I always appreciate your correcting me. You are so good to me, my lord.”
He watched as she hastily dug around in her purse and found a concealer and face powder. Soon she had the disfiguring mark so diminished he leaned over and kissed her lightly.
“My good, obedient, Carrie. As soon as we obtain the room I want, I’ll reward you, my love. I’ll fuck you senseless, and then we’ll have dinner and I’ll fuck you again. I very much feel like celebrating.”
Too relieved to have him smiling at her again to risk any questions, she leaned back and said nothing as Crutch drove to the porte-cochere and stopped the car. She didn’t move when he got out of the Rolls, motioned to Crutch to follow him, and walked with his most lordly air into the lobby.
 
I can be found at Ellora's Cave, Amazon, Twitter, Facebook, and of course my own website, www.jeanhartstewart.com.
  

6 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I like Mother Teresa's, Jean. Mae West's is my second fav. :)

LOVE the cover of Daunting Pursuit!

Kelli Scott said...

Mae West is always my fav.

jean hart stewart said...

Interesting choices. Mae West was a treasure,wasn't she?

jean hart stewart said...

Tina and Kelli.... Actually I had picked the Gryson quote but would love to sent you each a copy of the book. What e-address should I use? Jean

Fiona McGier said...

I always love Mae West quotes. She was really a woman ahead of her time. Today's "sex symbols" do nothing other than pose showing off what nature (or their surgeon) gave them. Mae West was tiny in stature (less than 5' tall), but huge in talent and wit. Her ad libs were priceless, and she gave as good as she got when paired with the well-known misogynist W.C. Fields.
Who hasn't used, "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" Grin.

jean hart stewart said...

Thanks, Fiona. I didn't realize she was that short. Wanna send me your e-mail address for a copy of my latest book? I love comments when I blog..