Saturday, September 7, 2013
Harlie's going back to work...
Being a stay at home is the BEST job that I have ever had but blogging doesn't pay the bills and since I'm being rejected left and right with my writing, its time to go back to work. Oh, don't worry about me. I'll still blog/review/write but I'm getting a bit restless at home. You can only clean so much and volunteer at the school. Our son is a 3rd grader now and he's schedule is filling up fast.
Here are some things that I miss about working outside the home:
1. Talking to adults and having adult conversations. Yes, I talk online but I miss that time around the coffee pot in the morning.
2. The routine. Most days, I take our son in whatever shorts/pants/shirt I can find and then come home. Once I'm at home, its off to promo, blog, write a review and answer emails. Most days, I don't get into the shower until almost 10 am. After that, its house cleaning and then BAM...I'm done for the day.
3. Fixing my hair and wearing makeup. I'm a girlie girlie (believe it or not) and I miss looking "pretty". My cousin told me when I was 13, never waste mascara and I don't.
4. The money. Yes, I said it...the money. Every little bit helps in this economy. Again, I don't make money with the blogs and I spend an awful lot of time blogging. Too bad, I can't make any money.
Here are some things that I will miss being at stay at home mom:
1. Being online. Yep, I check FB/Twitter all day but I do have other things to do.
2. Watching bad television. Yep, I watch my guilty pleasures when no one is around.
3. Having lunch with my son at school. He loves it when I come up there.
4. I'm not stressed out anymore and I found out that work is a stress trigger for me. I know, Catch-22 for me.
So there you have it. I would love to still stay at home and work but until I get paid for blogging or someone has a great job that I can do at home, its off to the workplace again.