Home

Friday, August 9, 2013

Thanks a Lot, Friends...

No, seriously. As of the time I write this, I don't have a release to promote (I know, weird, huh?) so I'm taking the time to thank a few non-writing friends who have helped me out with the writing.

I belong to an "adult dating" site, which is where I met my husband. I joined the site a month or so after I left my first husband, back at the beginning of 2007. At that time, I had nothing published at all other than a phonics-based reading program I created when I was teaching back in the early 2000s, and I had barely begun to write anything erotic. Heck, six months earlier I couldn't even say the word "sex" without cringing, until a friend of mine challenged me to write something showing "sex in a positive light" to help me get over some issues.

So at the beginning of 2007, I had no fiction published, and I joined the aforementioned website.

Some of the folks on that site have been there at least as long as I have, if not longer. They've seen me make the journey from unpublished wanna-be to multi-published. (The book I promoted last month on here was my 60th published work since March of 2009.)

And some of them support my writing in various ways. Some of the friends I've made on that website have bought my books and have talked about them to others. It's rare for me to go into my geographic area's chat room and not have someone suggest a story idea, and there's always someone encouraging me or asking me how the writing is going.

Two of my male friends from that site are to blame for the next two books I'm writing. "Blame" in a very good way. In March of this year, some things happened in my personal life and with my health that temporarily killed off my writing mojo. I plugged along, struggling to write books that would ordinarily have flowed quickly and easily.

Then last month, each of these guys suggested a story to me, and all of a sudden I was excited again. I want to write the stories not only to find out what happened, but also to thank these guys for their support and suggestions. Both stories are hetero romance, although I've been focusing more on M/M lately, but they're awesome ideas, and the writing juice is once again flowing.

So thank you, friends, for the support, encouragement, and ideas. And now back to writing...

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

When are your next books coming out, Karenna? Can you share a few details with us? Enquiring minds want to know. :)

KarennaC said...

Tina, I actually had one release August 1 but had done this post ahead of time and forgot to change it. My August 1 release, Try the Tofu, is book 5 in my male/male paranormal series Real Werewolves Don't Eat Meat, and is available at MLR Press as well as third-party sites. At this time I don't have any other releases scheduled until December.

Tina Donahue said...

Thanks for the update, Karenna - and congrats on your latest release - gonna check it out! :)