Home

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Sweet N Sexy Soulful Quotes

Hello romance fans! I've got some hot and spicy snippets for you all today, and just in time as we head toward the end of summer. Many of you may have children that have headed back to school or are soon going, and these would be perfect reads to celebrate their blessed return.

The books I feature are from authors who were not afraid to be soulful, sappy, and/or suggestive when it came to their heroes. So grab a cup of coffee, sit back, and fire up those eReaders so you can add these new releases to your TBR collection. 


I hope you like my choices for this month. Happy reading!




“Do you always follow the rules?” He lifted his beer, never taking his gaze off her.

“As much as I love the feel of your almost naked body rubbing against me, you’re gonna have to give me a break here, darlin’.” He cleared his throat.

He laughed. “Doesn’t bother me if you want to take a peek.”

“No, darlin’.” He undid her arms and held her hand. “Now we walk. We’re just two strangers in town, out to enjoy the evening. Nobody will know who we are, and you can relax.”

“That’s very admirable of you, Ava.” He scooted around the hot tub, until he was sitting beside her. “I’m close to my family too, but I don’t know if one of us would give up our own life to take care of another. I would like to think we would, but I guess you don’t know until it happens to you.”

He laughed, but it was a painful sound. “Oh, darlin’, it matters. It matters a whole damn lot.”

He leaned forward and braced himself on the back of the chair. “I want nothing more than to take you back to bed, and pretend the last five minutes didn’t happen. But, they did. “You’re twenty two years old. I’m thirty five and—”
Debra Kayn, Suite Cowboy



The other passengers got up and grabbed their carry-ons. With the engines shut off, the air inside the plane grew warm and stuffy. All Wes wanted was to get out of this tin prison, and she was dressing him down with orders on how he was going to act and talk and breathe.

He’d had enough.

“Look, Lil, you didn’t yank me up out of a gutter.” He invaded her personal space with a vengeance and didn’t care. “I know how to use a fork, I don’t pick my teeth at the table and there are a few people who think I’m a damn fine conversationalist.”

“See? That’s what I mean.” Lillian’s voice sharpened to near shrewism. “The man we’re meeting is Franklin Lovejoy, founder and president of Lovejoy Family Favorites, Inc. You will not curse in front of him, understand?”

Enough was enough. Wes leaned as close as the seats would allow and said in the same firm tone he used to persuade his aunt’s poodle to stay off the bed, “That is the last time you will ever speak to me like that. One kick under the table, a glare from across the room and your precious Franklin Lovejoy will discover what a liar you are. Do you understand?”

He knew women. He waited for her shoulders to quiver and the tears to come. The last thing he expected as he waited for an apology was for her to square her shoulders and squinch up her mouth like she was about to ream him a new one. The woman ought to be grateful she’d found someone to go along with her cockamamie plan. Instead, he could tell she was about to let loose with a tirade that would embarrass them both.

He couldn’t let her do that. For her sake or his. So he fell back on what he always did when faced with a woman about to make a scene.

He kissed her.
Cat Shaffer, Her Hired Man



“I’m in love with you.”

The impact of his declaration made her blink, but other than the parting of her lips she gave no outward sign of whether this was welcome news or not. Drawing a deep breath, he plunged ahead.

“I’m in love with you, but I’m not nearly good enough for you.”

“Says who?”

The whispered challenge sliced through the thick twilight, a gauntlet thrown at his feet. Taking another step back, he pulled her skirt over her knees and withdrew from contact, knowing he’d never have the strength to let her go as long as he was touching her.

“Everyone,” he answered without a trace of rancor. “And they’d be right.”
Maggie Wells, August Awakening





Damn it. Adam rested one knee on the ground. “It’s kind of like the cannon fireworks. The things are dangerous as hell, but they’re beautiful. And if you’re not careful, you’ll get burned. That’s what we were.”
Megan Slayer, Hot Laps









* * *

Renee Vincent is an award-winning author of historical and contemporary romance. She also writes humorous Chick-Lit with a smidgen of spunk as her alter ego, Gracie Lee Rose.







9 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

As always these are wonderful, Renee. Thanks for sharing. :)

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Thank you Tina! I love featuring my fellow authors, especially when the books are HOT!

Maggie said...

Thanks for including August Awakening! You ladies are awesome!

jean hart stewart said...

Intriguing moments....Thanks, Renee

Wendi Zwaduk said...

Thanks for posting these, Renee. My to-buy list is growing! :-)

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

You're so welcome, Jean!

Arlene said...

I think I just found some new books to add to my already towering TBR pile. Thanks, Renee!

Melissa Keir said...

Thanks for sharing these moments. I'm always happy to hear that characters say some funny things. :) Now if I can find a man like them!

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Maggie and Wendi, always a pleasure to feature your books!

Arelene: I know what you mean! My TBR pile is colossal!

Melissa: I love a man with humor too. Thanks for stopping by!