Home

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My new Series: The McKay's

I wanted to let everyone know that I have a new contemporary western series coming out. The first two books are available now at Smashwords.com and Amazon.  It's the McKay's series. Four sisters are about to inherit a huge sum of money, if they live up the stipulations of their father's will.



Raining in My Heart is the first book in the series. It's the story of Julie McKay. It is free at Smashwords right now, and .99 at Amazon. Julie's story revolves around the fact that she had made love to one of the cowboys on the ranch ten years ago and now she was coming home with a daughter, and Cade Weston had no idea it was his daughter. Her biggest fear is that when her daughter learns of her father, will she stay with Julie?  And what about Cade? Would he want custody of her? Coming home held a lot of what if's for Julie.



The second book "Ring of Fire" is out now too on Smashwords and Amazon. It's Letty McKay's story. 
Letty drops her future in law school, to come home and spend a year on the ranch. However, Letty was at a point that law school was no longer appealing so she wanted to give her home a second chance. She had no idea she's meet a tough, seasoned ranch hand like Hank Silver where sparks flew off of every fence post at her. But Hank was reluctant to get involved since there had been an iron clad rule on the ranch that the cowboys would leave the girls alone. So what could Letty do to make the cowboy see she was serious There was only one way to lasso him. She had to leave the ranch, and the inheritance alone and strike out on her own. But would she loose in the long run? Did Hank really love her enough to cross all the barriers for her?



Book three "The Twelfth of Never" is about Sandy McKay. She'd been dating Mike Tobin, a photographer that worked with her sister, when his brother returned from the service a war hero and swept her off her feet. But Chad had the brilliant idea that they could get married and they could both finish college together on her money. Mike cared for Sandy, but he didn't want to interfere in her plans. So when Chad ran over her dog, Mike took the blame. Would Sandy find out the truth in time? This book is coming out soon.



The last book, "Stand By Me", Wendy McKay has loved Wade Weston all her life. But he never returned her feelings. And when he brought his red-haired lady to introduce to her, she was hurt beyond belief. Still, Sam, a new cowboy Wade hired saved her from humiliation as he walked innocently into their kitchen and began playing the role of her boyfriend. Sam had just gotten out of prison, and Wade didn't like him. But Sam could grow on a person, and Wendy was finding that out.  Coming soon


I hope you will check out these four books and see how a fortune can change a person's life!

Rita Hestand

7 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

What a wonderful series, Rita! May you burn up the net with your sales. :)

Redameter said...

Tahnks Tina. This series is going well so far. Raining in My Heart is free at Smashwords.com and Amazon. Ring of Fire is released, Twelfth of Never is in edits, and I'm writing the fourth one now. It has been an easy write because I already know the characters so well and can picture them so easily in my mind. I think series writing is much easier because of this. I recommend it for sales because like in my books they are usually related and I tell each one's story. Because we all are different, and because during that first book you set up the character and begin to know them so well. I find that writing the last one of a series is the hardest because you hate to say goodbye to them. Just the way I am. I get attached to them. LOL
Love and blessings
Rita

Redameter said...

Well it's barely seven in the morning here and I'm half awake, so bare with me folks. I meant Thanks Tina!

jean hart stewart said...

Love books in series. It helps to know to know the characters so well...Lots of luck with these books.

Fiona McGier said...

Isn't it funny how you write one book, then the supporting characters demand their turn to tell their stories? That's how all of my series' grew.
Good luck with the new series.

Redameter said...

Yeah, most of my books are families and I know all the characters. Not to say they are
my family though. Never write about myself or family. LOL
Love and blessings
Rita

Redameter said...

Thanks, I love series stories and they really are easier to write than singles.
Love and blessings
Rita