Home

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Finding Me



It seems like more and more people I talk to these days wear LOTS of hats.

Today I wore…my mama hat, my wife hat, my daughter hat, my sister hat, my friend hat, my boss hat, my writer hat, my naughty hat (that’s a good hat in case anyone wondered **grins**), my taxpayer hat, my graphics hat, my editor hat, my social media hats (yes there are definitely more than one), and the last and sometimes least important the me hat.

Here’s what I think my me hat looks like...



It’s red and a bit decadent. Unusual, stylish, a bit see-through, and utterly sexy.
Some days I can’t find that last hat. It’s gotten shoved in a corner somewhere, hidden behind the maid hat and the cook hat I forgot to mention above.

I think we should all find our me hat more often, dust it off on the first go round and then keep it handy. No you don’t have to wear it every minute of every day but a few minutes every day would be fantastic!

Right before I go to bed I put on my me hat and spend a few minutes deep breathing. Sometimes just a handful of breaths to think about all of the wonderful moments I had in my day, and/or the moments I’d really like to completely bury never to speak of again.

That few minutes every night keeps me grounded, calms me before climbing into bed so I can drift off to sleep with good thoughts in my noggin.

It also helps me find and keep…me. I can get lost in some of the other hats as you all can probably attest to understanding.

So…how many hats do you wear every day?



Members Only, Book One - Together in Cyn

She knows it’s wrong. Cyn shouldn’t have feelings for fraternal twins Jared and Chris, her best friends. She shouldn’t want them to tie her up or strap her down, to take her one at a time—or together. The only way to control her taboo desires is to write them down and lock them away in her diary. Guys like Jared and Chris could never be interested in someone like her, or in the kind of sex she craves.

But Jared and Chris have read her diary, and sweet little Cyn is in for the shock of her life. The brothers not only own a members-only BDSM club, they want her. Need her. And now, with their unlimited funds and an entire establishment devoted to fulfilling her darkest pleasures, they’re going to claim Cyn for their own.

Inside Scoop: If you have a kink, this book probably has it too. If you like your ménage romances extra hot with a side of male-male romance, spanking, voyeurism and girl-on-girl action, come and get it.

A Romantica® BDSM erotic romance from Ellora’s Cave

 Buy Links below and others on the TIC webpage along with an Excerpt




Jennifer Kacey is a wife, mother, and business owner living with her family in Texas. She sings in the shower, plays piano in her dreams, and has to have a different color of nail polish every week. The best advice she’s ever been given? Find the real you and never settle for anything less.

16 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I wear so many I get dizzy just thinking about it. :)

Congrats on all the great reviews you've been getting on Together in Cyn!

Jennifer Kacey said...

Exactly! This one, then that one, then back to the first one and about four thousand different ones by the end of the day. Very nice to shed them all by bed time.

Thanks on the congrats - I'm having so much fun! VERY ready for Haleigh's Ink to be out. :)

Hugs for letting me post here every month!

Krystal Shannan said...

I have too many hats...never thought about it that way before. I like your idea of taking a few minutes at the end of the day.

Kayelle Allen said...

I don't even want to think about how many hats I wear. But I'm sure my 'me' hat must be red as well. Candy Apple Red, and awesome. ^_^

Jennifer Kacey said...

Krystal - you do have too many hats! I think you need a house to hold them all. I love feeling accomplished at the end of the day and know "I got it all done" or at least most of it. :)

Jennifer Kacey said...

Kayelle - Awesome indeed! I sure liked that hat I found on the internet to represent me. So fun!

artlover said...

Great blog. Never thought of how often we all switch hats. Cute way to look at how we all feel swamped at times...

hotcha12 said...

HMMMMMM,,, REVIEWING THREE BOOKS AT A TIME, ENTERING 1100 CONTESTS, WHILE SEARCHING WEB FOR DH??????????? LOL

Lexxx said...

Sometimes I think my hat is like the sorting hat in Harry Potter. Old and beat up and cranky. I put it on every day and it tells me who and what to be...LOL

Cris Anson said...

Great way to look at it! I never realized how many hats I wear, but now I'll pay more attention to the Me Hat. Thanks!

Lena Loneson said...

What a great post. We talk about "hats" a lot in my day job, but I never thought about extending it to my personal life...so true how the "me" hat can be neglected.

Together in Cyn sounds crazy hot, I look forward to reading it.

Jennifer Kacey said...

Artlover - exactly! We all do it, but this just put it into perspective for me. Figured I'd share the love!

Jennifer Kacey said...

Hotcha12 - I'd say you have your fair share of hats as well. It's amazing how many we wear all the time.

Jennifer Kacey said...

Lexxx - OMG that's awesome!! I'm totally going to picture you in it every time now!

Jennifer Kacey said...

Cris - the ME hat is super important - dust that sucker off!!

Jennifer Kacey said...

Lena - We definitely do it all the time. From the moment we wake up to the minute we lay our heads down to rest.

Hope you'll give TIC a chance!! It's super naughty!