Home

Monday, June 17, 2013

BEA NYC 2013

I was fortunate to attended Book Expo America earlier this month. If you have never experienced this event, it's worth your time, the effort and the ticket price. Publishers, Vendors and authors from all over attend and many give great promo items away for free. I've seen people with bags and bags of free books wondering around from booth to booth. Hundreds of authors signed at a multitude of booths that lined the back wall of the Javits Center. Of course, I stood in line for one author for my daughter and managed to get an autographed copy of her latest rendition in the series my daughter is reading. Made me Mom of the moment. I'd say mom of the year but with a daughter, it's fleeting how much they like you or not. LOL. The event lasted three days. I was fortunate to attend all three days and even signed cover flats at the Ellora's Cave booth on that Friday. It was wall to wall people at the Cave's booth. I'd like to think they were all there for me, but the Cavemen were the primary draw. They signed copies of the calender and took pictures with anyone who wanted, including me. :)
I even was interviewed by a roving reporter. Man was I nervous but the fabulous Desiree Holt held my hand and got me through it.  If you haven't met her, she is a truly wonderful lady. She's done several interviews for EC lately and she's even been labeled the Grandmother of Erotic Romance. LOL.
I also got to spend time with Cerise DeLand, and Cris Anson along with several other EC authors. It's empowering to hear what their next projects are and how they're doing in their writing careers. It's not often you get the chance to hang with such talented people all in one place.
The one thing I loved about BEA this year is they created a special Readers Event called the Power Readers Event. It took place on Saturday and it was packed with people. Readers were every where. It was great. So many came to the booth wanting to know what Ellora's Cave was all about. Some came looking for us specifically. It felt great to be so loved by the one person we write for...The Readers.
I went home with tired feet, a few new autographed books and a renewed vigor to write and finish my next novel in the Cursed MacKinnon's Series.
Hope to see ya'll at the next convention of the season for me which will be Romanticon in Ohio.
Have a wonderful day!
Tara Nina

2 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Wow - some hunky dudes you're hanging out with. Glad you enjoyed the convention. :)

Fiona McGier said...

My dream is to sell enough books to justify attending a convention. Thanks for the peek into what goes on there.