Home

Saturday, May 25, 2013

May Maybe

On May 1, 2013 I was almost blown away while trying to smoke outside the hotel hosting the RT convention. (Why does the government post no smoking signs in the only place a smoker can smoke?)

On May 2, 2013 while signing at the ebook blowout, it snowed. The snow stayed on rooftops until Friday. And the wind kept blowing and blowing.

Returning to Sacramento on May 5, 2013 a cloudy sky greeted me. It hailed on Monday, the sixth.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013 my mother died. Ellora's Cave folks sent the beautiful bouquet to me, since Mom wants her ashes scattered in Hawaii and we haven't decided when.

And then, in the mid-West, the tornadoes began. I know that's typical of May in that part of the world, but the devastation was horrible.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 an earthquake struck up in the northeast corner of California. Felt it where I live some 125 miles away. Not that we in CA can predict when we'll have an earthquake, but we haven't had one in quite awhile.

While celebrating the re-opening of the beaches in New Jersey, I couldn't help but notice that their temperatures were in the 40s. So much for it being May! Obviously Mother Nature has some other world's calendar in mind.

On a writing note, I did put together a submission to an agent and am readying a package to send to an editor I met at RT. Hope your month was, if not better, at least different than mine. Oh, did I mention the forecasters are predicting snow in the Sierra Nevada on Memorial Day?

Dee Brice
Erotic Fantasies Where Nothing is Forbideen

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

So sorry to hear about your mom, Dee. It's always tough to lose a parent.

Hope you have awesome news in the coming months from the agent and the editor. :)

jean hart stewart said...

Hope June treats you much better, Dee and the sun shines on you!

Fiona McGier said...

Give yourself time to process losing your Mom. It took me quite a while, and I finally got a sizeable tattoo with her name on it, so I feel like she's with me still.

It doesn't rain, it pours, right? But despite scientific findings, politicians insist there's no such thing as global climate change...ignore the bizarre weather, folks, move along, nothing to see here...