Home

Friday, March 22, 2013

A Visit to Longwood Gardens


Do you enjoy seeing pictures of beautiful flowers? Hubby and I visited Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania for their Orchid Extravaganza. The sights clearly proved that a picture is worth a thousand words (tough for a writer to admit!). I’m teaching myself to use Photoshop with some of the pictures I took at the Gardens, and thought you might enjoy this collage. After a harsh winter, there's no better comfort than colorful blooms.

Happy Spring!


For more pictures of spring flowers from Longwood Gardens, here’s the link to author Adele Downs blog at http://adeledowns.wordpress.com 

7 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

I love going to gardens! Thankfully, where I live it never gets too cold. Right now, it's 80 degrees and sunny in Palm Springs. Just gorgeous. :)

Renee Vincent / Gracie Lee Rose said...

Very lovely Adele! I love spring and those pics are beautiful.

Tina, you are such a wench. 80 degrees right now? Ugh! It was 18 degrees this morning but supposed to warm up to 40. But last week it was 60. WTH?

VICKI BATMAN, said...

Wow, Adele, what a beautiful picture. A friend gifted me an orchid last June. It dropped all flowers. Then six weeks ago, a stem with buds. They are open and growing two more stems.

Have you been to Hillwood? I think that's the name. The Post Heiress' house in Washington D.C. She has a greenhouse of orchids. And there's a place in San Diego at Balboa Park too.

Melissa Keir said...

I'm dying here with the winter weather hanging on. Recess is horrible with blowing snow and freezing temps. Thank goodness for indoor heat. I'm so ready for spring and the flowers. I love to see them come up and it makes the yard so beautiful!

Kelli Scott said...

Pretty, pretty flowers. Spring flowers are popping up here in the NW, but yesterday we had sun, wind, rain and hail. Some folks had snow??? Weird weather.

Fiona McGier said...

Sigh...spring may be here, but the nice weather hasn't come to Chicago yet. I'm still holding onto my gift certificate for a pedicure from my BFF, until I can wear sandals! Thankfully it doesn't have an expiration date!

Adele Downs said...

Thanks so much for your comments, all! Winter has been especially harsh this year, but the anticipation of spring has kept my winter doldrums at bay. Puxatawny Phil really let us down on Groundhog Day with his prediction of an early spring! ")

Best--Adele