Home

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring Inspirations

Spring is one of my favorite times of year. Everything is fresh and green, especially after a rain. I walk outside and find the flowers in bud, the first wildflowers poking up and the trees starting to grow leaves. I listen to the birds and admire the clear skies. As I do these things I notice my thoughts are clearer, and often I start getting new ideas for articles, characters, plots and more. Today I have a few pictures of springs, and some quotations about my favorite season.


Hark, I hear a robin calling!
List, the wind is from the south!
And the orchard-bloom is falling
Sweet as kisses on the mouth.
~Lucy Maud Montgomery

The air and the earth interpenetrated in the warm gusts of spring; the soil was full of sunlight, and the sunlight full of red dust. The air one breathed was saturated with earthy smells, and the grass under foot had a reflection of the blue sky in it. ~Willa Cather


When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love. ~Marcus Aurelius


~Happy Spring! ~Brenda

Brenda Hyde has been a freelance writer of home and garden articles for over 20 years, and now she's working on a series of cozy mysteries while blogging about her characters in the fictional town of New Harvest, Michigan. Visit her at http://harvestmoongazette.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

This is my fav time of year too, Brenda. Warm, caressing breezes, snow on the mountains, air perfumed with flowers in the valley. Wow. :)

Fiona McGier said...

My FB status this week asks, "Is it too early to get my summer clothes out of the crawl space? And if I do and the weather turns cold and clammy, will you all blame me?"
Overwhelmingly, my friends said, "YES!" So alas, I'm still having to make do with long sleeves and sweating a lot! But I'm still enjoying the unusually warm spring, and hoping we don't get a freeze that kills off all of my flowers and flowering trees!

Kari Thomas said...

BEAUTIFUL pics of Spring, Brenda, thanks for sharing!

hugs, Kari Thomas, www.autorkari.com

Adele Dubois said...

Beautiful post, Brenda. My hubby and I spent the day at Longwood Gardens for their annual orchids show. We also toured the house of roses and several others. The temperature was 81 degrees--May weather in March. I'm so glad spring is here! It lifts the spirit!

Best--Adele

Brenda Hyde said...

I remember one year we had an ice storm in March- lost power and had to spend the night in a hotel. I'm hoping there will never be a repeat of that!

Today my kids had their first bonfire party. A sure sign of Spring:)

Anonymous said...

Congraduaulations on your tenth year Tim! What an accomplishment . Thank you for sharing your experiences of your encounter s as well. You are lucky to have lived them . very talented Keep it up:-)