Home

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I Love Books (In Every Format!)

I have been an e-published author for six years—before traditional publishers adopted electronic formats and considered them “real books.” Year by year, I’ve enjoyed watching my readership grow along with the popularity of e-readers. Every time I hear that another million Kindles, Nooks, or iPads have been sold, I cheer. The adage, ‘everything that’s old is new again’ holds true for e-published authors waiting to be discovered.

I also cheered when Books A Million moved into my local mall, renting the space Borders once occupied. To me, browsing though a bookstore and leafing through its titles is one of life’s greatest pleasures. Add a hot cup of coffee to the experience and I’ve described the perfect day. Though I love my e-reader, I love physical books, too. I’ll keep buying paperbacks until the day they disappear from the earth. Honestly, I hope that day never comes. I love having choices. E-book or paperback. I want both.

I’m thrilled that my trade paperback release REV ME from Ellora’s Cave has offered the physical book some readers prefer. REV ME contains my full-length contemporary erotic novel REV ME UP and its stand-alone sequel REV ME TWICE sold until now only in e-book format. Having my books sold in both trade paperback and e-format is a dream come true.

How about you? Do you still enjoy reading physical books, or have you gone strictly electronic? Do you want both?



REV ME by Adele Dubois (trade paperback)
http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9910-rev-me.aspx

Night Owl Reviews Top Pick! Five Hearts!
Harlie’s Book Blog Recommended Read! Five Harlies!

REV ME UP (e-book)

Lisa has always been a Good Girl. When she flashes her breasts at the hunk riding by on his Harley, her wild impulse seems like harmless fun. How could she know he’d hit the curb and land at her feet? To make amends with the cop from Santa Fe, Lisa agrees to a cocktail with him. When she slides on the bike and wraps her arms around Antonio’s buff body, they take off on the ultimate ride.

Antonio’s in town for his brother’s graduation before heading to FBI training. Lisa’s there to break up with her cheating midshipman boyfriend. Revenge sex with a hot cop may be the perfect way to unleash her inner Bad Girl. But can she keep her feelings casual?

With sexy Antonio by her side and the lust blazing between them, this Bad Girl may have a chance to have it all. As long as an ex-boyfriend out for revenge doesn’t destroy her new happiness.



Buy! REV ME UP: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-7639-rev-me-up.aspx

REV ME TWICE (e-book)

Crystal is a bad, bad girl in the most delicious ways. She tries to be good and is tempted to commit to her Navy MP boyfriend, Tomas, but has no experience with an exclusive relationship or healthy family structure. She likes her life as a stripping weathergirl and sex-party host, and resists conforming to the traditional lifestyle Tomas craves. Without her weekly ménages and wild orgies, can she become the partner Tomas wants?

When Crystal receives death threats, a media frenzy erupts. Tomas spirits her away in an effort to protect her, but a deadly crash changes everything. Faced with the choice between self-interest and self-sacrifice, Crystal must decide if she’ll embrace a new life with Tomas, or walk away.


Buy! REV ME TWICE: http://www.jasminejade.com/p-8865-rev-me-twice.aspx

23 comments:

Liz said...

I have 1 library book on my bedside table and 2 queued up on the iPad! I love all formats.
thanks for this Adele. congrats on all your successes.

Tina Donahue said...

Congrats on Rev Me going to print, Adele. What a cover!! I love books in all formats too. I just love to read. :)

Cara Marsi said...

Adele, you mirrored my sentiments exactly about ebooks and print books. As much as I've always loved print books, I reach for my Kindle more than a print book. There's something almost addictive about reading on my Kindle. I love my ereader and I love downloading books. I also love browsing through bookstores. Yet, when it comes to buying books, I mostly buy ebooks now.

Adele Dubois said...

Liz--I've spent many wonderful days in the library. My children learned to love books there, too. Thanks for the reminder and the congrats.

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Tina--Reading is one of life's greatest pleasures. I can't imagine a life without books.

Thanks for your congrats! I've waited a long time for REV ME to come to print. Ellora's Cave did a great job with the cover. I love it.

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Cara--My Kindle is chock full of ebooks. There are so many I doubt I'll ever read them all, because I keep downloading more. Ebooks are like potato chips. One leads to another and then another...

Yet I still buy paperbacks. So many books, so little time. ")

Thanks for your comment.

Best--Adele

Kate Hill said...

Hi Adele. I enjoy all formats, though I prefer ebooks. I still read paperbacks, but not nearly as much as I read ebooks.

N.J.Walters said...

I love both! I love to stroll through a bookstore and browse. I'll even find new authors there and come home and download their books. I still prefer to read most nonfiction in print form.

But I love ebooks. I don't have to worry about having enough shelf space. The only romance books I buy in print these days are the series I already have the rest of the books in print.

Renee Vincent said...

Adele, I agree. I love to read physical books as well as ebooks on my kindle. But there is just something about holding that paperback in your very own hands, especially when it is your own.

I love the look of these covers, especially with Jimmy on them.

Congrats on getting those ebooks in print, dear!!!

jean hart stewart said...

I love both formats too. Just so I have a stack of something in my TBR files!

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Kate--As epublished authors I guess we'll always hold a special place in our hearts for ebooks; especially since we were among the ebook pioneers.

Thanks for posting!

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi NJ--Good to see you here. You've touched on a good point. I think many people will buy print books for their keeper shelves and series collections in the (near) future and the rest will be read in e-format. I'm moving in that direction already.

Thanks for commenting!

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Renee--Thanks for the congrats and your appreciation of those hot covers! I love them, too. You're right that holding a physical book feels special. I hope we never lose that.

Thanks for stopping by!

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Renee--Thanks for the congrats and your appreciation of those hot covers! I love them, too. You're right that holding a physical book feels special. I hope we never lose that.

Thanks for stopping by!

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Jean--My virtual TBR stack on Kindle must be a mile high. I know I'll never wade through all those books. It's just so darned much fun to download them, I can't resist.

Thanks for your comment.

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Jean--My virtual TBR stack on Kindle must be a mile high. I know I'll never wade through all those books. It's just so darned much fun to download them, I can't resist.

Thanks for your comment.

Best--Adele

Nas Dean said...

Congratulations on your successes!

I love all format and read on my Kindle as well as print.

Nas Dean said...

Congratulations on your successes!

I love all format and read on my Kindle as well as print.

Marianne Stephens said...

I'm scaling down my print book collection. Keeping very few from authors I know and like. Very rarely buy print books now...read most everything on my ebook reader.
It's easier, more convenient, and saves trees!

Shelley Munro said...

I tend to read more ebooks than print these days. Print books are so expensive down this end of the world.
I love those covers, Adele. Very nice!

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Nas--Nice to meet you. I agree both formats are fun. (I don't listen to audio books, but I'm sure they're fun, too.)

Thanks for your comment!

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Marianne--I can't part with my favorite books stored on my keeper shelves. Some have been out of print for years. I know what you mean, though. I don't buy nearly as many print books as I used to.

Thanks for your comment!

Best--Adele

Adele Dubois said...

Hi Shelley! So glad you like my covers. Thanks. Yes, it seems that ebooks are rapidly replacing print books.

Thanks for your comment!

Best--Adele