Hello, and a big thanks to Tina for inviting me to visit Sweet ‘n Sexy Divas today. I’ve been writing for over ten years now, and I thought about starting to write for years prior to that. I’ve always enjoyed reading romances, which made me wonder. When does a romance reader tip over into writer territory? How does someone know they’re a romance writer? This is what I came up with.
You know you’re a romance writer when…
1. You have lots of voices inside your head and you get rid of them by putting their stories on paper.
2. You spend hours locked up in a room with only your computer for company.
3. Your children know the blood rule – only interrupt mommy’s writing if there is blood.
4. You jump your husband, all in the name of research.
5. You have lots of books about sex and human relationships in your bookcase.
6. You also own loads of books about writing craft.
7. You use your husband to help you choreograph your love scenes.
8. If your husband isn’t available, you borrow your daughter’s Barbie dolls to choreograph the love scenes instead.
9. You haunt the mailbox/inbox for news of your latest submission.
10. Everyone in your family knows about rejection and understands you need both wine and chocolate to aid the healing process.
11. A trip to the local stationery shop is really exciting.
12. You love to read romances.
13. A dictionary and thesaurus are your best friends.
14. Promo is your middle name.
15. If anyone particularly irritates or annoys you, they’re immediately cast as a villain in your latest work in progress.
Can you add to my list?
While you’re thinking about it, here’s a little about my latest release: Christmas is Coming. Yes, I know Christmas is over, but bear with me. Christmas is Coming takes part in the same sexy world as Fancy Free. Fancy Free is the tale of a condom factory and the people who run it. It’s a story sprinkled with naughty fun plus much love and laughter.
Here’s the blurb for Christmas is Coming:
Christmas is coming. Give your lover the gift of pleasure…
Gaby Montgomery works for Fancy Free as a condom designer. Recently she’s been designing sex toys and testing her inventions with fellow designer Marc, but they’ve parted ways. The timing couldn’t be worse because she’s stuck without a willing test subject for her sexy products.
Gaby’s roommates Liam Richardson and Fletch Darcy both want a serious relationship with her, and now that she’s free, it’s time to make a move. But how do they decide which one will date her? Fletch finally suggests they share. Liam is skeptical but agrees the scheme might work, which allows Fletch to move on to step two of his romance plan. Fletch doesn’t just want Gaby, he wants Liam as well.
The loving is hot, their days full of fun product testing, exquisite pleasure and laughter. Everything is perfect until the outside world intrudes, putting their budding relationship under stress. This time their love and friendship might not stand the pressure.
Publisher’s Note: Want to have more fun with the characters in this book? Then pick up Fancy Free!
Christmas is Coming http://www.jasminejade.com/p-9703-christmas-is-coming.aspx
Shelley Munro lives in New Zealand with her husband and a rambunctious puppy. She writes hot, spicy romances for Ellora’s Cave and Samhain Publishes and sensual tales and mysteries for Carina Press. To learn more about Shelley and her books visit her website at http://www.shelleymunro.com.