Home

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Author Diane Wylie at the Baltimore Book Festival

Every year the Maryland Romance Writers take part in the annual book festival here in Baltimore. It is a great event with lots of authors, panels, speakers, and vendors. I hope you will come and join me (the picture above is me at a previous BBF) and hundreds of other authors and booksellers at the

Baltimore Book Festival
Saturday, September 24, 2011

Address:

MOUNT VERNON PLACE
600 BLOCK NORTH CHARLES STREET
BALTIMORE, MD 21201


Website:
http://www.baltimorebookfestival.com/

Admission is FREE! Prizes and basket giveaways are available!

Diane will be taking part in these 3 events:

12 pm - Readings & Raffles: Janet Mullany, Diane Wylie, Juliet Martini, and Teresa Hearl (readings and basket giveaways)

3 pm - Making the Most of Publishing with Small Presses & E-Pubs (panel)

5 pm - How Did Monsters Become Good Guys (panel)

3 comments:

Tina Donahue said...

Sounds like great fun, Diane - hope you meet many new fans!! :)

Sarah J. McNeal said...

This sounds like such an exciting event, Diane.
I have some questions.
When you take part in an event like this do you take a stack of your books in print with you to sign?
Are there any promotional techniques you use at such an event to interest readers in buying your work--share please?
Do you take little give away items with you like book marks or pens with your logo, etc?
Do you find that these events are truly helpful to e-published authors?
I've often thought about attending events like this but could never figure out how to do it as an e-published author.

Diane M. Wylie said...

Hi, Sarah,

For this particular event there is a bookseller who orders and sells our books for us. I have done events where I bring and sell my own copies, though.

I am going as part of a group for the BBF. The Maryland Romance Writers do some promotion ahead of time and we each do what we can. I will be doing a reading from my upcoming release, which I hope will create interest. I put together a basket that will be given away to those who sign up for the raffle. I also bring stacks of bookmarks to pass out to everyone who will take one!

Because my books are available in print and not just ebook form, I am able to participate in these things, but with the popularity of the Kindle, etc. and with the ability to sign Kindle books now, any ebook-only author can attend, but won't be able to sign on the spot, unless you have an internet-enabled smart phone. Go to www.kindlegraph.com to be able to digitally sign ebooks.