Home

Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's All In How He Says It...(part 1)

Hello Sweet N Sexy Divas! I’m so glad to be here today because instead of posting an excerpt from my new release, SILENT PARTNER, I’ve decided to mix it up a bit and share some of my favorite lines spoken from my dark, swarthy hero, Grayson Anders.

To give a little background on this irresistible Alpha male, he’s a single, wealthy entrepreneur and dance club owner living in the historic region of Boston (Back Bay) who is looking for the perfect dance partner for a studio he wishes to open. He’s earned a reputation as a ladies man and has a knack for charming his way into a woman’s heart with his talented hips and fancy footwork. He can literally have any woman he wants, but once he sees and dances with Chloe, no other woman will do. And did I mention Grayson’s rather adamant once he's made up his mind?

Hope you enjoy!


#1)   You’re a pretty little thing,” he said, leaning against the bar. “A girl like you shouldn’t be anywhere alone. Especially here.”

“Easy Don Juan,” Jack interrupted as he slammed another shot of Tequila on the slick lacquered wood of the bar. “She’s new.”

“I can see that.”



* * *


#2)  “I’m with you on the privacy thing,” he said coyly. “Because once I kiss you, I’m not going to stop, and no one else needs to see me tear off your clothes.” 

* * *


#3)   “I’m not going to hurt you, and I’m not going to force you upstairs to my apartment. You decide. Right here. Right now. But once you unlock this door…you’re mine. All night long…” 

* * *


#4)   Grayson sighed, not expecting to get judgment from a bristly cab driver. Richard, yes. But not Big Gerry. He reached into his back pocket and pulled out his wallet, turning up a crisp hundred. He tossed it over the front seat. “Will that help you to remember her name?”


“Shit, for that much I can tell you what color her panties were.”


“I already know that,” Grayson stated with a wry grin. “I’m looking for her name, and if you take another gander, I’m betting that dead president is worth an address as well.” 

* * *

If you like those, then hop on over to Romance Books R Us blog and read some more. And don’t forget to leave a comment at both blogs to increase your chances of winning my Blog Tour Giveaway!
See HERE for complete contest details.



Below are my previous blog tour visits in case you missed out on reading some hot excerpts of SILENT PARTNER and/or wanted to add your comments for the contest:

#1 - April 12 Romance by Chance
#2 - April 13 History Undressed
#5 - April 20 Beyond Romance
#7 - April 20 Romance Junkies

28 comments:

Sarah J. McNeal said...

I love Grayson's commentary. I picture him as being something like Max on dancing with the stars. Handsome, funny and very confident. It takes a special woman to connect with such an awesome man. Loved your innovative idea about using quotes instead of excerpts, Renee.

Tina Donahue said...

I like #3 - very alpha. :)

Renee Vincent said...

Thanks Sarah. And yes, Tina, I love that one too! Alpha is this guys middle name. *squee* and I LOVE it!

Suzanne Barrett said...

Renee:

Love the dialogue. Very sexy, and so perfect for him--lets us "know" him a little better.

I don't watch television so can't speak to DWTS, but I know sexy men, and you do them very well!

Avery Flynn said...

Wow. Now that's an Alpha. MMMMMMMMMM

Carol L. said...

Grayson is as Alpha as they come. I'm liking #2 & 3. I love all the excerpts and the comments that he owns when he says them. :)
Carol L
Lucky4750@aol.com

Lizzie Walker said...

Renee, your book is proof of good dialog.

The mark of a great writer is,if you can take the action and background description out of the scene and just leave the spoken word, it would still be powerful.

Just reading Grayson's words left me breathless.

Thank you!

Delaney Diamond said...

I agree with Sarah. I can see him as Max on Dancing with the Stars.

All the quotes are great, but I really like #4 for some reason. I think it's because it shows his persistence--the fact that he's willing to do anything to get his woman. That's a plus-plus in my book.

Michelle Bledsoe said...

Good Morning Renee.
I am falling in love with Grayson. He is just adorable. I like that he goes after what he wants.

koonie2888 at yahoo dot com

Rawiya said...

I love #4. :)

Sounds like a great book, Renee.

Marie Rose Dufour said...

I LOVE #2 and #3. There is just something about an alpha male that makes the body tingle and go all buttery inside. Whew! I am going to have to read this book soon. The more and more I read, the deeper I am falling in love with Grayson. He can tango with me on the dance floor any day!

Paris said...

I love all the wonderful dialogue but #4 has to be my favorite:) There's something so alpha about a guy who is this persistent!

Renee Vincent said...

I love all this feedback! You have no idea how much I appreciate knowing which ones are your favs and why. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts with me.

Pommawolf said...

I love them all as they are making it quite apparent he IS NOT giving up. He is damn determined, and there isn't going to be anything to stop him. Thats pure alpha.
Theres nothing better than a man dead set on getting to what he wants..*S*
I like ... a lot!
Thank you for the the quotes *S

Darcy

pommaowlf @ hotmail dot com

susan said...

A man who can talk like that..will make any woman's socks go up and down. You can almost feel the heart melting and just beating double time. I love the way you have with words in your books. susan Leech garysue@dejazzd.com

Jean P said...

Oooo just keep falling more and more for Grayson, kind of like #3!!!!

skpetal at hotmail dot com

Diane M. Wylie said...

Great dialogue. It really gives you a feel for the guy. I'm with those who like #4. Anyone who would part with their hard-earned money just to find a girl is okay in my book.

Paige Tyler said...

Sounds great! Congratulations!

*hugs*
Paige

Brenda Hyde said...

Wow, he is one cocky, sexy guy. I hope Chloe puts him in his place:)

marybelle said...

I can just picture Grayson with his wry grin. Well done.

marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Renee Vincent said...

Thanks everyone! I'm going to bed now with a huge smile on my face.

lisagkendall said...

Grayson is just so confident. He is the perfect hero. Thanks for the contest. lisa gk at yahoo dot com

Teresa K. said...

Renee,

Grayson is one hot, sexy Alpha who has plenty of confidence.

Teresa K.
tcwgrlup41@yahoo.com

Renee Vincent said...

OH you are so right about him, Teresa!

Sarah Hoss said...

Grayson- I just want to eat him up! You know, add a little chocolate.... LOL!

I love your dialog and out of the examples you showed, number 3 is my favorite!!!

StacieDM said...

I love the name Grayson. I love the line excerpts too.

user1123 AT comcast DOT net

mbreakfield said...

That helps to get a handle on Grayson's character. thanks
marlenebreakfield(at)yahoo(dot)com

Renee Vincent said...

Thank you Sarah, Stacie and Marlene for dropping by and sharing which dialogue you enjoyed the most. Good luck! You entries have been added.